The Trojan.Wipbot is another lethal variation of Trojan horse infections, that has affected thousands of the windows based computers all over the world. This malicious infection can infect all the versions of the windows operating system, and can make them completely useless if not removed effectively. Once installed, the Trojan.Wipbotcan display pop-up ads, fake security alerts, redirect the user towards malicious web pages, and make the system very slow. This computer virus can invade your computer in many different ways including the junk mail attachments, visiting porn websites, using corrupt memory cards/USB sticks, and sharing of resources with other computers. After settling down in the roots of the system, it starts modifying the crucial settings including the Master Boot Record (MBR), and windows registry. No matter how powerful antivirus you are using, it cannot detect this lethal Trojan horse as it is developed by the hackers wisely.
The Manual Removal of Trojan.Wipbot
After discovering the Trojan.Wipbot infection on your computer, you have to remove this virus completely to make your system working normally. For the novice computer users, there are some powerful automatic tools available through which they can delete this complicated Trojan horse easily. Besides that, the manual removal of this virus is also possible which is detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
It is important that you must boot the system in the safe mode to start the manual removal of the Trojan.Wipbot virus. In this regard, you are required to restart the system, and keep pressing the F8 key repeatedly to see the list of boot options. Once the boot options menu appeared on the screen, you have to select the safe mode from the list and press the Enter key which boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Once you are able to boot the computer in the safe mode successfully, you have to proceed the next step of this process in which you have to get rid of the associated processes of the Trojan.Wipbot. Open the windows task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the “Processes” tab to delete the following processes from the list by using the “End Process” button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the file explorer, and access the system files folder where you need to delete the following files with the help of Delete keys:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Open the registry editor by accessing the start menu, click on the Run option, and write “regedit.exe” in the box before pressing the OK button. Delete the following corrupt entries associated with the Trojan.Wipbot, and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Wipbot\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Wipbot\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Wipbot\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Wipbot\DisplayName Trojan.Wipbot
In the end, you have to restart the computer in the normal mode to see how effectively you are able to remove the Trojan.Wipbot.