The Trojan: Win32Obfuscated.en is a dangerous Trojan infection that can severely damage your windows based computers. Once entered in the computer without the permnissi0on of the user, this tricky Trojan virus performs a number of harmful activities. This malicious application changes your default internet settings, modifies the windows registry, and alter some of the crucial system settings. All these activities are aimed to compromise the privacy of the targeted PC in order to access the personal financial information of the user. Besides that, this Trojan virus also monitors your browsing activities and all such information is used to steal your money. The Trojan: Win32Obfuscated.en also disable your antivirus program and alter the windows firewall settings to open the backdoor for the additional threats. The degradation in the overall performance including the browsing speed is another obvious symptom of this infection.
The Manual Removal of Trojan: Win32Obfuscated.en
Once detected in your system you have to remove the Trojan: Win32Obfuscated.en in a way that it will not return again. There are some automatic removal tools available to get rid of this Trojan virus but if you like to remove it manually, it is also available. The automatic method is convenient for the novice users; whereas, the instructions for the manual removal are as under:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
First of all you have to terminate the normal mode of operation by restarting the system, and use the F8 key while the system is restarting to open the boot options screen. Choose the safe mode option from there before pressing the Enter button.
Kill the Associated Processes
After starting the system in the safe mode, you have to remove the processes that are created by the Trojan: Win32Obfuscated.en. This can be done by accessing the windows task manager through Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys. When you can see the task manager window, click the processes tab to see the list of running processes and remove the following processes associated with this Trojan infection:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
Delete the following files after accessing the system files folder in the local partition of your hard drive:-
- %Desktopdir%\Trojan: Win32Obfuscated.en.lnk
- %Programs%\Trojan: Win32Obfuscated.en\Trojan: Win32Obfuscated.en.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The final and most crucial step of this process is removing the additions as well as modifications in the windows registry. You must access he Registry Editor by using the RegEdit command that can be executed through the Run option available in the Start menu. You have to delete the following corrupt entries from the windows registry:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan: Win32Obfuscated.en\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan: Win32Obfuscated.en
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan: Win32Obfuscated.en\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan: Win32Obfuscated.en\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan: Win32Obfuscated.en\DisplayName Trojan: Win32Obfuscated.en
To check the success the manual removal process, you have to restart the computer once again in the normal mode. Run a complete system scan on your system after updating your current antivirus software to remove the infections caused by this threat.