The Trojan.Win32.wupdate is one of the latest variations of Trojan infections that can cause a lot of trouble for you if you failed to remove it in time. This malicious Trojan belongs to a notorious family of the spyware infections that only infect the windows based computers. Once this nasty Trojan slips in the system, it immediately creates fake keys in the windows registry, and modify all the crucial settings in order to hide itself, and gain the control of your online activities.After modifying the security settings, it disables the antivirus tools installed on your system, and opens a backdoor for other dangerous parasites. The Trojan.Win32.wupdate redirects all your searches towards unknown places which is extremely annoying as you are unable to surf on the web freely. The hackers developed this tool to access the system, and steal the sensitive information of targeted users. This information may include the financial details which can be used in the online monetary frauds.
Removal of Trojan.Win32.wupdate
As soon as this virus able to enter into the system, you will feel a lot of changes in your system without your consent. In order to protect your data, and minimize the damage caused by this virus, you have to remove this malicious application at your earliest.The automatic tools are available in this regard, but if you like to use the manual removal, following are the instructions in this regard:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You can proceed with the manual removal method after accessing the safe mode operation on your system. Get rid of the normal mode by restarting the system, and get the access of the boot options menu by hitting the F8 key repeatedly. Select the safe mode option from the list and press the Enter key to boot the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Access the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together and click on the Processes tab under the task manager window where you can see a list of processes running in the background of the system. End the following corrupt processes with the help of the “End Process” button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Open the system files folder through file explorer, and get rid of the following suspicious files associated with the Trojan.Win32.wupdate:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Click on the start menu, select the Run option, and write RegEdit in the box before pressing the OK button to access the registry editor. Get rid of the following associated entries of the Trojan.Win32.wupdate with the help of the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Win32.wupdater\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Win32.wupdater\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Win32.wupdater\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Win32.wupdater\DisplayName Trojan.Win32.wupdater
Close the registry editor, before rebooting the computer in the normal mode to see how effectively you are able to get rid of this Trojan infection. Update the existing antivirus program, and run a complete system scan.