The Trojan.Win32.Neurevt has been a recently discovered variation of Trojan infections that often attack the windows based computers without providing any knowledge to the users. This lethal infection spreads through compromised web pages, and corrupt external media devices. As we all know that the hackers are more creative these days, and they always find new ways to distribute the virus. You cannot detect or remove the Trojan.Win32.Neurevt virus through any antivirus program as this is developed by the hackers with the latest technology, and it keeps changing its names as well as locations. Besides that, it is capable of disabling the antivirus and other security tools. This malicious application gives the hackers the chance to control the system remotely, and access your most confidential details including the credit card information, and other payment methods you are using while shopping online. The Trojan.Win32.Neurevt also makes your system super slow by utilizing a huge portion of system resources.
The Manual Removal of Trojan.Win32.Neurevt
Once it is proved that the Trojan.Win32.Neurevt enters in the system and performing harmful activities, you need to remove this lethal computer virus without wasting a single minute. If you are a novice user, the automatic removal is the best choice to get rid of the trojan infection easily. However, for the experienced users, there is a manual removal option also available. The steps involved in the manual removal are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
The manual removal process cannot take place by remaining in the normal mode of operation; therefore, you have to start the system in the safe mode. Simply restart the computer, and use the F8 key repeatedly to access the boot options menu. Select the safe mode from the list of options, and press the Enter key to boot the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
The next step of the manual removal method is killing of the associated processes of this lethal infection. To open the windows task manager, hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the “Processes” tab in the task manager window. Here you can see the list of processes running in the background of your system. Delete the following processes from the list by using the “End Process” button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
You also need to remove the associated files of this virus. In this regard, following are some suspicious files that you need to find and remove from the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Open the start menu, click on the Run option and write “regedit.exe” in the box before pressing the OK button to access the registry editor. Remove the following suspicious entries associated with the Trojan.Win32.Neurevt, and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Win32.Neurevt\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Win32.Neurevt\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Win32.Neurevt\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Win32.Neurevt\DisplayName Trojan.Win32.Neurevt
Restart the system in the normal mode to see the effectiveness of the manual removal process.