The Trojan.Win32.Cosmu.aigh is a type of Trojan virus which is specifically created by international cyber criminals to steal the money of the windows based computer users. Once installed, the Trojan.Win32.Cosmu.aigh remains resident in the background by changing the sensitive system files, and registry entries. The Trojan.Win32.Cosmu.aigh forces regular shutdowns and other weird activities such as failed to load the desktop. Mostly this malicious application is used by the notorious cyber criminals to steal the financial information about the user. The Trojan.Win32.Cosmu.aigh is capable of using most of the resources working in the infected system which results in the reduction in the performance of the computer. Once installed on any computer, it will disable your antivirus program and make your PC vulnerable to the other viruses.
How to Remove Trojan.Win32.Cosmu.aigh manually?
Once detected on your computer, your ultimate goal is to remove this virus from your computer. There are two different ways to get rid of the Trojan.Win32.Cosmu.aigh that includes an automatic removal method, and manual removal method. For the novice users we recommend the automatic removal of this virus, but the steps involved in the manual removal method described as under:-
Reboot the Computer in the Safe Mode
In order to remove any Trojan infection, we have to start the computer in the safe mode instead of running it in normal mode. You can terminate the normal mode when you restart the PC, and use F8 to choose the safe mode option from the boot menu.
Delete the Malicious Processes
When you get your PC operated in the safe mode, you have to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and hit the processes tab once you are able to see the windows task manager. Here you can see a long list of running processes. Out of these processes you have to find the following processes associated with the Trojan.Win32.Cosmu.aigh, and kill them quickly:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
You have to remove the associated files of this threat. In this regard, you have to open the file explorer and browse to the system files folder to delete the following files:-
Clean the Windows Registry
Finally you need to clean the windows registry from the corrupt entries created by this tricky Trojan. In order to remove these malicious entries, you have to first open the registry editor, which can be started by going inside the start menu, choosing the Run option, and executing the Regedit command. After the registry editor started, you have to delete the following entries by selecting them one by one:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Win32.Cosmu.aigh\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Win32.Cosmu.aigh\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Win32.Cosmu.aigh\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Win32.Cosmu.aigh\DisplayName Trojan.Win32.Cosmu.aigh
Once the corrupt entries are removed successfully, you have to reboot the system in the normal mode to check the success of the manual removal process. Besides that, you also have to update the existing antivirus program in order to protect your system from all such future attacks.