The Trojan.Win32.ArchiveLock is a malicious application belongs to the dangerous Trojan horse family of infections. The Trojan.Win32.ArchiveLock sneaks in the systems secretly, and you will notice the symptoms once it settles down in the computer. The purpose of developing and distributing this infection is to gain the monetary benefits by using illegal and unethical methods. There are a number of ways through which you can get infected by this malicious application including unsafe browsing, clicking the corrupt social links, opening the spam email attachment, and playing online games from unauthentic websites. Once this infection enters in the system, you will notice that the browsing activity is no more in your control. When you open a new browser tab, it will be covered with multiple pop-up ads on the different corners of the main browser interface. These annoying pop-up ads are related to the fake coupon deals and unreliable discounted offers from the unknown suppliers. The Trojan.Win32.ArchiveLock is a resource eater virus and it eats a high percentage of your sytem resources which results in the slow speed.
Removal of Trojan.Win32.ArchiveLock
Once it is confirmed that your system is a victim of Trojan.Win32.ArchiveLock Trojan horse infection, you have to decide what method you are going to use to get rid of this infection. The automatic removal in this regard is extremely easy, and recommended for the novice computer users. On the other hand, the manual removal process is difficult, and consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Accessing the system in the safe mode is a prerequisite of the manual removal process. You have to restart the computer, and access the boot options screen by hitting the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted. Press the Enter key after selecting the safe mode option from the list.
End the Malicious Processes
You have to access the task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and select the Processes tab under the task manager window where you can see all the processes running in the background of your system. End the following associated processes, before closing the task manager: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the file explorer, and proceed to the system files folder toremove the following malicious files associated with the Trojan.Win32.ArchiveLock by using the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Normalize the registry section of your operating system to complete the manual removal process. In this regard, access the registry editor through the Run option on the Start Menu, and type “regedit” in the box before pressing the “OK” button. Get rid of the following associated entries of the Trojan.Win32.ArchiveLock, and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Win32.ArchiveLock\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Win32.ArchiveLock\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Win32.ArchiveLock\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Win32.ArchiveLock\DisplayName Trojan.Win32.ArchiveLock
Check if the virus is removed successfully by accessing the system in the normal mode. Select the complete system scan through an updated version of any reliable antivirus.