The Trojan.Viknok is a dangerous worm belongs from the famous Trojan family of viruses. It has the ability to make your system completely useless if it remains resident in the system. The Trojan.Viknok is a stubborn Trojan that immediately creates the startup key in the windows registry so that it can start automatically every time you run your windows. This tricky application opens the backdoor for additional threats by disabling the security tools along with the antivirus program installed on the infected computer. This malicious application connects your system to the remote server where all your browsing activities are recorded. Once installed, it immediately utilizes a major share of the resources installed on the computer due to which you are unable to enjoy the normal speed of your computer.
The Manual Removal of Trojan.Viknok
Once installed on your computer, you need to get rid of this Trojan immediately by using any reliable automatic tool or by following the manual removal instructions. The manual removal method is possible but it is only recommended to the computer professionals and advanced level computer user. The manual removal method is detailed below:-
Start Your Computer in the Safe Mode
First step of the manual removal process is to terminate the normal mode of the infected computer by restarting it, and use F8 key to access the boot options menu where you have to select the safe mode.
Delete the Processes through Windows Task Manager
Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to open the task manager, and click on the processes tab, where you can see a list of processes running in the background of your computer. You have to immediately remove the following suspicious processes associated with this threat:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Data
After completing the above mentioned steps successfully, you have to proceed to the system files folder, and find the following suspicious files that are associated with the Trojan.Viknok. Once found, you have to delete these files and folders quickly by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Trojan. Viknok.lnk
- %Programs%\Trojan. Viknok \Trojan. Viknok.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Do not forget to clean the windows registry, as without doing this, the Trojan.Viknok cannot be removed completely. You need to clean the windows registry by removing the entries created by this dangerous Trojan. Open the registry editor by accessing the start menu, select Run, and type RegEdit. Once the registry editor is accessed successfully, you have to find and delete the following corrupt entries associated with this virus:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan. Viknok \DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan. Viknok \UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS] [RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\ [RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan. Viknok \ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\ [RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan. Viknok \DisplayName Trojan.Viknok
Close the registry editor, and restart the machine in the normal mode instead of safe mode. Update the current antivirus program, and also run a complete system scan to remove the infections caused by the Trojan. Viknok.
Disclaimer: Altering your windows registry items and other computer files should only be attempted by knowledgeable computer users. Errors in registry items may lead to some technical problems affecting other aspects of your machine. We advise you to attempt all these manual steps at your own risk, or else it is better use the Automatic Trojan.Viknok removal Tool.
This is most safe and easy method. Download Trojan.Viknok Removal Tool to automatically remove Trojan.Viknok.
If you need any technical assistance in removing the Trojan.Viknok,do submit your comments to get clarified.