The Trojan. Sulunch also delete your important system files, and private folders. You will start feeling that the system is acting weird, and the overall performance of the computer degrades. The online criminals, and cyber crooks use this virus as a tool to steal the confidential details of the user from the targeted computers all over the world. These details are used by these criminals to make money through online frauds. The details that can be used in such cyber crimes are credit card credentials, shopping preferences, browsing history, and passwords. This malicious application is considered as a severe threat to your resources as well as the data stored in the computer.
The Manual Removal of Trojan.Sulunch
Once this malicious application enters in the system, and create its roots deep in your computer, you have to remove this virus as quickly as possible in order to minimize the damage. The Trojan. Sulunch infection can be removed either by using any reliable automatic removal tool, or with the help of manual removal method that consists of the following steps:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
First of all you need to start your computer in the safe mode instead of the normal mode of running. In this regard, you have to restart the computer, and press the F8 key repeatedly to see the boot options list. Select the safe mode from the list of boot options and press the enter key to restart your computer in the safe mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
You have to delete the associated processes of this Trojan infection from the system. This can be done by opening the windows task manager by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Under this tab, you can see the following processes that you need to delete:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
You are required to get rid of the following files along with the folders from the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The final step of this process is removing the corrupt entries from the windows registry by using the registry editor. To access the registry editor you have to open the start menu, select run, and type regedit in the box. Once the registry editor accessed, you have to remove the following entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Sulunch\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Sulunch\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Sulunch\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Sulunch\DisplayName Trojan.Sulunch
Do not forget to close the registry editor before restarting the system in the normal mode to see the success of the manual method.