The Trojan.Spycos.B is a malicious application belongs from the Trojan family of viruses and uses backdoor, Trojans, spyware, and other malware in order to avoid the antivirus detection. This highly dangerous computer virus is used by the hackers to take complete control of the targeted PC. Once installed, the Trojan.Spycos.B download some other malicious application by disabling the antivirus and changing the windows firewall. This Trojan application is designed in a way that you cannot remove it through the normal removal as it uses some advanced level software that stops you from removing it. You cannot access your task manager as well as the registry editor to remove the processes and registry entries. Once installed, this Trojan horse application degrades your system performance and affect the browsing speed of the system. In order to avoid the malfunctioning of your system, and protect your data you need to delete this Trojan infection at your earliest.
The Manual Removal of Trojan.Spycos.B
Once it is confirmed that your system is a victim of the Trojan.Spycos.B, you have to select an effective method to remove this Trojan infection. In this regard, you can choose the manual removal method or automatic removal method depending on your level of expertise. Following are the steps that you need to complete in order to get rid of this nasty Trojan horse manually:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
Before going through the formal removal process you need to reboot the infected computer and press the F8 key repeatedly during the restarting of the computer. This will give you the access to the boot options. Once you can see the boot options, select the Safe Mode and hit the enter button to restart the system in the safe mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
Once the PC starts working in the safe mode you can start removing this virus manually. Kill the associated processes related to this dangerous Trojan horse application by accessing the windows task manager using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys and selecting the processes tab. You have to kill the following associated processes of the Trojan.Spycos.B:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
Once the related processes are finished you can delete the related data files of this virus. In this regard you have to remove the following suspicious files :-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Open the start menu, and run the “RegEdit.exe” command to access the registry editor. You can remove the following suspicious entries from the windows registry with the help of the registry editor in order to complete the manual removal process:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Spycos.B\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Spycos.B\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Spycos.B\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Spycos.B\DisplayName Trojan.Spycos.B
Close the registry editor to restart the system normally and check the effectiveness of the manual removal process. Update the existing antivirus software and run a complete system scan to delete the infections caused by this Trojan horse infection.