The Trojan-Spy.Win32.Zbot.jqye is a dangerous spyware that comes under the category of Trojan horse. This malicious application has the ability to remain resident in your system once it is installed, and creates serious breaches in the security of the infected system by changing the firewall, and other important security settings. The Trojan-Spy.Win32.Zbot.jqye not only install unwanted toolbars, browser hijackers, and desktop items on your computer, but at the same time it also capture most of the resources installed on your computer, resultantly your computer becomes slower. Once, it is installed in your PC, it allows the hackers to control your PC remotely, and access your most private personal as well as financial information. This is intelligently designed malicious application which keeps changing its place as well as names, and latest versions of reliable antivirus programs are unable to detect this threat. It is a malware that presents itself as a legitimate software, but the actual motive of the developers is to access your computer remotely. The most common reason of getting infected with this Trojan horse is by visiting unsecure websites, and downloading free software, and videos from the internet.
Manual Removal of Trojan-Spy.Win32.Zbot.jqye
The manual removal process of Trojan-Spy.Win32.Zbot.jqye is considered as complex, due to which only advanced level users and computer professionals are recommended to remove this threat manually from their computers. You have to follow the steps exactly as it is described below.
Reboot the Computer in Safe Mode
Before start deleting the files, and registry entries, you have to restart the computer in safe mode in order to avoid the running processes in the background that stops you from deleting the files associated with this virus. In this regard you have to press F8 key and select safe mode option from the boot options menu.
End the Associated Processes
After starting the computer in safe mode, you have to use Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys to start the windows task manager, and click on the Processes tab in order to see all the running processes. Here you have to find the following associated processes of the Trojan-Spy.Win32.Zbot.jqye:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete Associated Files
Once you are able to end the malicious processes related to this dangerous Trojan horse virus, you can now delete the files and folders related to the Trojan-Spy.Win32.Zbot.jqye. In this regard, you have to find the following files by suing the file explorer, and delete them by selecting, and using the delete button:-
Remove Registry Entries
The manual removal process of this tricky Trojan virus remains incomplete unless you do not clean the windows registry. This malicious application has the ability to create corrupt registry entries which you need to find and delete by using a registry editor. Following are the entries that you need to find as well as delete:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan-Spy.Win32.Zbot.jqye\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan-Spy.Win32.Zbot.jqye\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan-Spy.Win32.Zbot.jqye\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan-Spy.Win32.Zbot.jqye\DisplayName Trojan-Spy.Win32.Zbot.jqye