The Trojan.Spy.Ursnif.gen!M is a malicious application which comes under the category of Trojan viruses. Once this parasite installs on your computer, it will provide remote access to your computer to the hackers. The hackers can easily steal your personal confidential information such as your mail, passwords, credit card numbers, bank account details, shopping preferences, and browsing habits. This information then used for the cyber crimes, as well as online frauds. Once it is installed on your computer, it has the ability to redirect all your searches towards certain malicious websites. The Trojan. Spy. Ursnif. Gen! M has the ability to change all your browser and computer settings that include a home page, desktop background, default search engine, DNS settings, firewall, and windows registry. Besides that, this malicious Trojan has the capability of disabling your current antivirus program along with the other security tools. By occupying the computer resources, it can also affect the performance of the computer negatively, and every time you try to load anything, it will take a lot of time. Once it is detected in your computer, you have to get rid of this Trojan quickly.
Manual Removal Process of Trojan.Spy.Ursnif.gen!M
You can remove Trojan.Spy.Ursnif.gen!M manually, but keep in mind that the manual removal process is extremely complicated. Most of the novice users failed to follow the instructions as they are described due to which they are unable to remove this malicious Trojan manually despite several attempts. Following are the steps of manual removal process that you need to complete:-
Start the Computer in Safe Mode
The first thing which you need to do is, start the computer in safe mode so that you can get rid of the malicious data created by this tricky Trojan. You have to restart the PC, and use F8 key to see the different options of booting the computer. Here you have to select the safe mode option.
Delete the Malicious Processes
When the computer is rebooted in the safe mode, you have to start the windows task manager to end the malicious processes running in the background. The task manager can be started by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, and once it is started you have to click on the processes tab, and delete the following processes from the list:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Files and Folders
The next steps are getting rid of the files and folders related to the Trojan. Spy. Ursnif. Gen! M. In this regard, you have to find as well as delete the following files:-
Delete Registry Entries
Open the registry editor by executing the “RegEdit” command through Run option available in the start menu, and delete the following registry entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Spy.Ursnif.gen!M\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Spy.Ursnif.gen!M\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Spy.Ursnif.gen!M\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Spy.Ursnif.gen!M\DisplayName Trojan.Spy.Ursnif.gen!M
When you are done with the registry entries, just close the registry editor, and start the computer in the normal mode to see the effectiveness of the manual removal process.