The Trojan.Spy.Bancos.ACW is a malicious computer virus belongs from the Trojan family of viruses and invades the computers all over the world without the consent of the user. This extremely dangerous and complicated Trojan infection spreads through the compromised websites, p2p sharing, spam email attachments, and social media links. Once installed, the Trojan.Spy.Bancos.ACW can cause serious damage to the data stored on the compromised systems. This malicious application can make the browsing and other online activities very slow, besides that, it also affects the overall performance of the PC negatively. It not only changes the security settings of your system to install the additional infections, but it also disables the antivirus program to avoid any kind of detection. This virus is capable of damaging your crucial system files that make your system weird and vulnerable. Once installed, the Trojan.Spy.Bancos.ACW performs fake scans on the system and shows fake results to threat the users. All these activities are the part of the effort to force users buy the rogue application. The hackers use this tool to steal the money of the users by accessing the personal information of the user that they provide while registering themselves to buy that fake rogue application.
The Manual Removal of Trojan.Spy.Bancos.ACW
Once it is confirmed that the system is compromised to the Trojan.Spy.Bancos.ACW you have to find a way to get rid of this malicious virus quickly and completely. There are some reliable automatic removal tools available, besides that, you can also use the manual removal instructions that are described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You have to change the mode of operation in the infected system as you are unable to access many of important system utilities during the normal mode. Restart the computer, and press the F8 key repeatedly to access the boot options menu. Select the Safe Mode before pressing the Enter key to start operating the machine in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
The next step of removing the Trojan.Spy.Bancos.ACW infection manually, you have to end the associated processes of this virus. Open the windows task manager, select the processes tab where you can see a list of running processes. Delete the following processes from the list and close the task manager window:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the file explorer, navigate towards the system files folder and remove the following files quickly:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You have to start the registry editor by running the “RegEdit” command through the start menu. Once the registry editor is started, you are required to delete the following malicious entries associated with the Trojan.Spy.Bancos.ACW :-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Spy.Bancos.ACW\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Spy.Bancos.ACW\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Spy.Bancos.ACW\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Spy.Bancos.ACW\DisplayName Trojan.Spy.Bancos.ACW
Run a complete system scan through your antivirus program after restarting the computer in the normal mode.