The Trojan.Snifula is another malicious variation of the dangerous Trojan family of viruses that is discovered recently. This lethal Trojan virus adds the harmful codding to the targeted files stored on your system. This infection spreads through visiting porn websites, p2p sharing, junk mail attachments, and downloading freeware from untrusted sources. The Trojan.Snifulauses the system resources along with your internet connection for illegal purpose, and make money through frauds. After stealing your sensitive details such as passwords, financial details, and browsing history, the Trojan.Snifula virus deletes your important system as well as data files. Whenever you go online and try to search anything, you will be redirected to unknown websites for the purpose of generating traffic and make money through pay per click programs. This malicious application modify your home page, default search provider, windows registry, and windows firewall without getting your consent. Furthermore, this dangerous Trojan infection eats most of the system resources due to which it becomes extremely slow and unstable.
The Manual Removal of Trojan.Snifula
After becoming the victim of the Trojan.Snifula virus, you need to delete this lethal Trojan infection at your earliest to protect your system as well as data. For the novice users there are some reliable automatic tools available through which they can delete this infection easily. The manual removal method of the Trojan.Snifula is also available that is only recommended to the experienced computer users:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
The process of removing the Trojan.Snifula virus only starts after you boot the system in the safe mode. You have to restart the infected computer, and use the F8 key repeatedly to see the boot options menu. Select the safe mode option from the list, and hit the Enter key to boot the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
When you successfully access the system in the safe mode, it is time to get rid of the associated processes of the Trojan.Snifula infection. You have to access the windows task manager with the help of the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, and select the Processes tab to see the list of running processes. Remove the following associated processes before closing the task manager window:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the file explorer, select the system files folder, and delete the following associated files of the Trojan.Snifula virus:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Open the start menu, and select Run option to execute the “regedit.exe” command to access the registry editor. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to find and remove the following corrupt entries from the windows registry. Close the registry editor once you have removed all of these entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Snifula\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Snifula\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Snifula\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Snifula\DisplayName Trojan.Snifula
Start the computer in the normal mode to see how effectively you have followed the manual removal process.