The Trojan.Smackdown is a malicious application that comes under the Trojan virus and installed on the windows based computers through spam emails, p2p sharing, unsafe browsing, and downloading freeware that contains malicious code. After getting installed on your computer this malicious Trojan hides it intelligently, and changes all the sensitive settings of your computer. The Trojan.Smackdown has the ability to alter the registry entries, and create new entries that contains the malicious code. This dangerous Trojan has the ability to track your browsing activities and steal your personal information to use in the cyber crimes and online frauds. This Trojan virus can utilize all the resources installed on the infected computer due to which the speed of the computer affected badly. Once detected, this malicious application is needed to be removed quickly.
Manual Removal Method of Trojan.Smackdown
You can remove Trojan.Smackdown both manually as well as with the help of any automatic removal tool. The advantage of using automatic tool is, you can delete this virus with complete ease; however if you want to remove it manually, you have to follow the instructions mentioned here. Keep in mind that the manual removal method only successful if you are well aware about the registry entries, and malicious files. Following are the detailed instructions about how to remove the Trojan.Smackdown manually:-
Start the Computer in Safe Mode
The first thing which you need to do is, restart the PC in safe mode. In order to do this, you have to use the F8 key while the computer is in restarting process. This will lead you on the screen where you can see the boot options. You have to select the safe mode option and hit enter key.
Delete the Malicious Processes
Once the system is restarted in the safe mode, the next step of the manual process is to get rid of the associated processes. In this regard, you need to start the windows task manager with the help of Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, and click on the processes tab. You have to locate and end the following process:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
Once you are done with the step 2, you have to move towards next step which is removing the corrupt, associated files. In this regard, you have to find and remove the following files:-
Delete Registry Entries
The final step of this manual effort is to clean the registry entries. You have to start the registry editor and navigate towards following corrupt entries to remove them one by one:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Smackdown\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Smackdown\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Smackdown\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Smackdown\DisplayName Trojan.Smackdown
After removing all of the above mentioned entries, you have to close down the registry editor, and restart the computer in the normal mode. Do not forget to update the antivirus program before running a complete system scan on your computer.