The Trojan.Rodecap is a dangerous Trojan infection that invades the windows based systems secretly and can easily destroy them completely if not removed effectively. Once installed, the Trojan.Rodecap makes several changes in your computer to weaken the security level, and give remote access to the hackers. This malicious application attacks the windows registry in order to add some corrupt entries to start automatically. This lethal Trojan infection is developed by the notorious hackers to get access to your confidential information like financial details, browsing history, and shopping preferences. This information then used by the cyber crooks to steal your money and other cyber crimes. Besides that, the Trojan.Rodecap also opens the backdoor for the additional threats by disabling the antivirus software. This resource eater Trojan infection makes your computer slow by occupying most of the system resources. If you do not remove this virus quickly, your PC becomes a junkyard of different types of viruses.
The Manual Removal of Trojan.Rodecap
Once you have detected the Trojan.Rodecap in your windows based computer, you have to delete it either manually as or by choosing any reliable automatic tool. Both methods have their own advantages and disadvantages as the automatic removal method is easy and convenient for the new users; whereas, the manual removal is very difficult and complicated process that only recommended for the experienced computer users. The instructions for the manual removal are as under:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
Restart the machine and use the F8 key while the computer is rebooting to enter the boot options menu. When you can see the list of boot options on your screen you have to select the safe mode and hit the enter key to operate your computer in the safe mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
The next task is removing the associated processes of the Trojan.Rodecap, In this regard, you have to open the windows task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and when you are able to access the task manager, click the processes tab and remove the following processes associated with this Trojan infection:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
Once done with the processes issue, you have to remove the following files hidden in the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
This process is completed when you take care of your windows registry to reverse the modifications made by the Trojan.Rodecap. Open the start menu, select “Run”, and type “RegEdit” in the box to get the access of the registry editor. With the help of registry editor, you have to delete the following additions in the windows registry:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Rodecap\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Rodecap\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Rodecap\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Rodecap\DisplayName Trojan.Rodecap
To see how effectively you have removed the Trojan.Rodecap manually, you have to restart the computer once again in the normal mode. Run a complete system scan on your PC after updating your current antivirus software.