The Trojan.Ransomlock.AI is a deadly dangerous computer virus belongs from the Trojan family of infections, and capable of sneaks in the windows platforms without the permission of the user. This malicious application is designed, and distributed by the notorious hackers to collect the sensitive information from the targeted computers, and use this information in cyber crimes for making money through illegal and unethical manners. Once this dangerous Trojan enters in the system, you will see various changes occurred without your permission. You can see the home page, default search engine, default browser, and desktop images are modified. To run automatically every time windows started, the Trojan.Ransomlock.AI virus creates registry keys in the windows registry. This malicious application blocks the access of the user and asks to pay the ransomed amount through MoneyPack or Ukash in order to unlock the PC.
The Manual Removal of Trojan.Ransomlock.AI
For the experienced users, there is a manual removal process available that consists of the following steps. The success of the manual removal process largely depends on the expertise of the user. However, the new users can select any reliable automatic removal tool. The manual removal instructions are detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before starting the manual removal steps, you have to boot the infected system in the safe mode. You have to restart the PC, and access the boot options list with the help of the F8 key. Once you can see the list of boot options on the screen, select the safe mode option from the available list and press the Enter key to reboot the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the task manager, and select the process tab in the task manager window to see the list of processes running in the background. Remove the following associated processes of the Trojan.Ransomlock.AI virus one by one by using the End Process button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the file explorer, and remove the following files considered as the associated with the Trojan.Ransomlock.AI virus:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The manual removal is completed when you clean the windows registry by removing the corrupt entries created by the Trojan.Ransomlock.AI. You have to open the registry editor by clicking on the Start Menu, select the Run option, and type RegEdit in the box before pressing the OK button. Once you are able to see the registry editor, delete the following modifications made by this adware program, and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Ransomlock.AI\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Ransomlock.AI\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Ransomlock.AI\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Ransomlock.AI\DisplayName Trojan.Ransomlock.AI
Evaluate the success of the manual removal process by rebooting the system in the normal mode, and run a complete system scan through your antivirus software to remove the infections caused by the Trojan.Ransomlock.AI parasite.