The Trojan.Ransomcrypt.F is a nasty computer virus categorized as a Trojan horse and performs several harmful activities inside the system once it enters in the computer. This malicious application invades the system through freeware and shareware without getting the permission of the user. The Trojan.Ransomcrypt.F opens a backdoor that updates automatically to provide the remote access to the cyber crooks who steal the confidential personal details like emails, passwords, shopping preferences, browsing history, and credit card details. All this information is used to steal the money through frauds and other cyber crimes. The Trojan.Ransomcrypt.F hide itself wisely by creating a hidden folder in the windows system files folder which makes it impossible to detect or remove through traditional antivirus program. This is considered as one of the most destructive computer virus as it not only destroys the system resources itself, but also invites additional computer viruses.
The Manual Removal of Trojan.Ransomcrypt.F
After confirming the presence of the Trojan.Ransomcrypt.F infection in your PC, you have to think about an effective removal method that can remove this virus completely. There are some automatic removal methods available that makes you able to get rid of this virus easily. The manual removal process is also available but only recommended for the advanced users. Following are the detailed instructions for manual removal of the Trojan.Ransomcrypt.F virus:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Terminate the normal mode by restarting the PC and use the F8 key while the system is being restarted to open the boot options menu. When the boot options are visible on the screen of your computer, you have to select the safe mode option from the list and press the Enter key to boot the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Once you are able to restart the PC in the safe mode successfully, you have to end the malicious processes associated with this virus. Access the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Once the task manager window is accessed, select the process tab where you have to remove the following associated processes of this malicious application before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Deletethe following associated files of the Trojan.Ransomcrypt.F that are hidden deep in the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Finally you are required to clean the windows registry by removing the modifications created by the Trojan.Ransomcrypt.F. Access the registry editor by executing the RegEdit.exe command through the Run option available in the start menu. Remove the following suspicious entries through registry editor and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Ransomcrypt.F\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Ransomcrypt.F\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Ransomcrypt.F\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Ransomcrypt.F\DisplayName Trojan.Ransomcrypt.F
Restart the machine to check the effectiveness of the manual removal process. Do not forget to run a complete system scan through the updates version of any reliable antivirus software.