How to Remove Trojan Qhosts
The Trojan Qhosts is a Trojan infection that infects millions of the computers in the different parts of the world. The Trojan Qhosts spreads through the p2p sharing, spam email campaigns, and porn websites. Once installed, this malicious Trojan infection makes changes in the system settings including the HOSTS files. This extremely dangerous Trojan infection is developed by the hackers to get the remote access of the targeted computers to perform harmful activities within the system. Besides adding malicious entries in the windows registry, the Trojan Qhosts also deactivate the antivirus program and changes the windows firewall settings due to which the overall security of the computer is compromised. You are unable to access many of the important system utilities like registry editor, and windows task manager. Moreover, the Trojan Qhosts virus is known as a resource eater and utilizes a huge portion of total system resources which results in slowdowns, freezes, and regular crashes. This malicious Trojan infection is needed to be removed effectively.
The Manual Removal of Trojan Qhosts
After getting your system infected from the Trojan Qhosts, you have to select an effective method of removing this Trojan virus. You can use the manual removal method, but the chances of the success of manual removal process depend on the knowledge of the user. There are some reliable automatic tools also available to get rid of this virus quickly. :-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before starting the actual removal process, you have to boot the infected computer in the safe mode of operation. Use the F8 key while the system is restarting to access the boot options where you have to select the safe mode before pressing the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
Once the infected system started in the safe mode, you can access the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Once the task manager window appears on the screen of your computer, you have to click on the Processes tab and remove the following suspicious processes associated with the Trojan Qhosts infection:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the file explorer, navigates towards the system files folder and delete the following files with the help of Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Trojan Qhosts.lnk
- %Programs%\Trojan Qhosts\Trojan Qhosts.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, you are required to find as well as reverse the changes in the windows registry to complete the manual removal process. In this regard, you are required to execute the “Regedit” command through the start menu. Once the registry editor is accessed, you can easily remove the following corrupt entries associated with the Trojan Qhosts:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan Qhosts\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan Qhosts
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan Qhosts\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan Qhosts\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan Qhosts\DisplayName Trojan Qhosts
Close the registry editor to boot the system in the normal mode and analyze the effectiveness of the manual removal process.