The Trojan.PWS.ZAQ is a dangerous Trojan infection belongs from the Trojan horse family, and sneaks in the computers without the knowledge of the users. The Trojan.PWS.ZAQ spread when you visit the porn websites, open spam email attachments, and click on the porn links in the social media websites. Once installed, the Trojan.PWS.ZAQ immediately remove some of the important system files, and modify the windows registry entries to remain resident in the system. Besides that, this malicious application also eats most of the system resources due to which the computer becomes extremely slow in responding your commands. The hackers develop this malicious Trojan infection to steal your confidential data through remote connection. This data may include shopping preferences, payment details, user names, passwords, and browsing history. The hackers then use these details to steal your money by online frauds. This malicious Trojan can destroy your system completely by damaging its resources, and your precious data. Once installed, it is hard to detect or remove through any antivirus program.
The Manual Removal of Trojan.PWS.ZAQ
After confirming the availability the Trojan.PWS.ZAQ , in your computer, you have to remove it in time. There are two options available for removing this Trojan infection. You can get rid of this parasite by using any powerful automatic removal tool, or if with the help of the manual removal method. Both methods have their own advantages and disadvantages. The manual removal process is described below:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
Start the system in the safe mode by restarting it and using the F8 key to see the boot options. From the list of boot options you have to select the safe mode and hit the enter key to restart the computer in the safe mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
Once the system starts operating in the safe mode, you have to kill the malicious processes associated with the Trojan.PWS.ZAQ. In this regard, open the task manager through Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, and hit the processes tab. Under this tab you can see the list of running processes from whicvh you have to delete the following suspicious processes that are associated with this Trojan infection:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
After completing the removal of associated processes, you have to open the file explorer, and delete the following files from the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Use the start menu to open the Run option and type regedit to access the registry editor. You have to find and delete the following corrupt entries from the windows registry:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.PWS.ZAQ\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.PWS.ZAQ\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.PWS.ZAQ\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.PWS.ZAQ\DisplayName Trojan.PWS.ZAQ
After completing the removal of above mentioned entries, you have to close the registry editor. Restart the computer in the normal mode and see you have removed the virus successfully or otherwise. Run a complete system scan after updating the antivirus program.