The Trojan-PSW.Win32.Tepfer.sika is a nasty computer infections designed as well as distributed recently to infect the windows based computers all over the world. This malicious application is categorized as a dangerous Trojan that sneaks in the targeted computers secretly without getting the permission from the user. This dangerous Trojan spreads through the hacked web pages, junk mails, and freeware downloads. Once installed, it crashes the computer frequently without any reason, and degrades the overall performance of the infected PC manifold. This unexpected Trojan infection can be extremely dangerous for your operating system, as well as for the privacy of your data. This Trojan is capable of bypassing the most powerful antivirus program, and modifies the windows registry by adding the corrupt registry keys. The notorious cyber criminals use this Trojan to access the personal details of carefully selected users, and use these highly confidential details in the online financial frauds.
Removal of Trojan-PSW.Win32.Tepfer.sika
As soon as you realized that the system is at high risk because of the presence of Trojan-PSW.Win32.Tepfer.sika infection, you have to take some swift steps to remove this virus effectively, and efficiently. The automatic tools are always available to remove this Trojan infection. Besides that, the manual removal process is also available that is only recommended to the advanced level users. The steps involved in the manual removal are described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
The manual removal process can be executed only if the system is running in the safe mode. Restart the system to terminate the normal mode, and hit the F8 key repeatedly to see the boot options menu. Once the boot options are visible on the screen, select the safe mode option and press the Enter key to boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Access the windows task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together . You can see the list of processes running in the background of your computer under the processes tab in the task manager window. Remove the following processes associated with the Trojan-PSW.Win32.Tepfer.sika before closing the task manager window:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Once the associated processes are removed successfully, you have to remove the following associated files of the Trojan-PSW.Win32.Tepfer.sika by using the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You must remove the registry entries created by the Trojan-PSW.Win32.Tepfer.sika in the windows registry. Open the registry editor by executing the Regedit command through Run option of the start menu. Once the registry editor is accessed, remove the following associated entries of the PSW.Win32.Tepfer.sika before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan-PSW.Win32.Tepfer.sika\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan-PSW.Win32.Tepfer.sika\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan-PSW.Win32.Tepfer.sika\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan-PSW.Win32.Tepfer.sika\DisplayName Trojan-PSW.Win32.Tepfer.sika
After completing the above mentioned steps, you have to access the system in the normal mode by restarting it. You have to run a complete scan on the system through the updated version of your current antivirus program.