The Trojan.PornDialer is a malicious code that has infected millions of windows based computers in the recent years. It has the ability to steal the personal and financial information of the user which will be used in cyber crimes. The Trojan.PornDialer can change all the settings of the infected machine that includes DNS settings, security settings, privacy settings, and browser settings. Once installed, it has the ability to redirect all your searches towards promotional websites. The basic purpose of this malicious application is to provide remote access to your PC to the online criminals and hackers, but, besides that, it also makes your computer completely useless. This is a dangerous Trojan application that can spread through spam emails, visiting porn websites, and accepting offers on social websites. It remains resident in the background by creating malicious registry entries, and every time you start your windows, it will run automatically.
How to Remove Trojan.PornDialer manually?
You can get rid of this dangerous Trojan horse in both manual as well as automatic ways. With the help of automatic tool, you can easily remove this malicious application within just a few clicks of the mouse. If you are a computer expert, you can also try the manual removal method which is described as under:-
Reboot the Computer in the Safe Mode
You have to reboot the infected machine in the safe mode instead of the normal mode to proceed further in the manual removal process. Just restart the computer and use F8 key to see the list of boot options. You have to select the safe mode, and press the enter key.
Delete the Malicious Processes
Once the computer is restarted, you have to end the processes attached with this malicious code. Start the windows task manager by using Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, and make a click on the processes tab to find and delete the following processes related to the Trojan.PornDialer:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
Once done with the malicious processes, you have to consider the removal of files and folders related to this parasite. In this regard, you have to browse the following files with the help of file explorer, and delete them quickly to get rid of this quickly:-
Clean the Windows Registry
To clean the windows registry, you have to first open the registry editor by using the regedit command which can be executed through Run option available in the Start menu. Once the registry editor started, you have to find and delete the following malicious registry entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.PornDialer\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.PornDialer\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.PornDialer\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.PornDialer\DisplayName Trojan.PornDialer
After removing all of the above mentioned entries, you have to close the registry editor, and restart the infected computer again in the normal mode. Update your existing antivirus program, and run a complete system scan on the infected system to avoid any future infections.