The Trojan.Modified is a malicious application comes under the category of Trojan infection and present itself as a legitimate software. This complicated Trojan infection developed with the advanced level coding and can harm the security as well as the performance of the computer. The Trojan.Modified alters the browser settings in the infected computer and changes the home page, default sear4ch engines as well as the desktop background. Whenever you try to search anything, you will be redirected towards unwanted websites. This malicious Trojan virus always enters into the computer to steal your precious personal details that include bank account credentials, credit/debit card numbers, and login details. All this information remotely transferred to the hackers who then use this information for the fraudulent purposes. The Trojan.Modified virus is also known as a resource eater virus that eats most of the system resources, resultantly, you will not be able to enjoy the optimum performance of the system.
The Manual Removal of Trojan.Modified
You have to remove the Trojan.Modified virus immediately once the presence of this tricky Trojan infection is confirmed in your computer. There are both manual as well as automatic options are available in this regard and you have to choose one according to your capabilities. The manual removal instructions are detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before starting removing this Trojan infection manually you have to reboot the infected system and use the F8 key to access the boot options menu where you have to select the safe mode and hit the enter key in order to start the system in the safe mode instead of the normal mode of operation.
End the Malicious Processes
The next step is finding as well as removing the associated processes of the Trojan.Modified virus. You can do this by opening the windows task manager with the help of the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Once the task manager window is accessed, click the processes tab to see the list of running processes in your system. Delete the following malicious processes quickly:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
After completing the removal of the associated processes, you have to remove the following files from the system files folder with the help of Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The manual removal process will be completed when you remove the modifications made by this Trojan infection in the windows registry of your PC. Access the registry editor by running the RegEdit command through the Run option on the Start menu. Once the registry editor is visible on the screen, remove the following suspicious entries and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Modified\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Modified\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Modified\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Modified\DisplayName Trojan.Modified
Reboot the computer in the normal mode to see the effectiveness of manual removal process, and run a complete system scan to remove the infections caused by this dangerous Trojan infection.