The Trojan.MBR.Alureon!IK is a deadly dangerous Trojan infection that can make your system completely useless if left un-removed. Mostly this malicious application sneaks in the computers when the user tries to open the spam email attachment or click on the compromised links. Immediately after getting installed, the Trojan. MBR. Alureon! IK creates a startup key which makes it able to start automatically every time you starts your windows. It has the ability to disable your antivirus program and other security tools to open the backdoor for additional malware. Once installed, this dangerous Trojan changes your browser settings, and redirect all your searches towards unknown sites. The basic aim of developing this application is to provide remote access of the windows based computers to the international hackers. These hackers then start tracking your online activities and steals your personal data such as bank account details, what payment mode you are using, what things you are shopping, and your credit card credentials. Besides that, this virus also slows down the speed of your computer.
The Manual Removal of Trojan.MBR.Alureon!IK
Once this deadly dangerous virus detected on the system, you have to delete it without unnecessary delay. Both methods of the removal automatic as well as manual are available, but we recommend the automatic removal method for the novice users. The manual removal method steps are mentioned below:-
Start Your Computer in the Safe Mode
The manual removal process starts when you reboot the infected system in the safe mode. In this regard, you have to restart the computer, and press F8 key to to access the boot options list on your screen. Select the safe mode option and press the enter key to restart the computer in the safe mode.
Delete the Processes through Windows Task Manager
The next step is getting rid of the corrupt processe4s created by this virus. Open the windows task manager by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete buttons, and click on the processes tab. From the list of processes running in the background you have to end the following processes:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Data
Delete the suspicious files associated with this threat. You can find the following files in the system files folder, and remove them quickly:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
First of all you have to open the registry editor. The registry editor can be accessed by click on the start button, select Run, and write regedit in the command box. You have to delete the following suspicious entries from the system:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Mal/EncPk-AFN\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Mal/EncPk-AFN\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Mal/EncPk-AFN\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Mal/EncPk-AFN\DisplayName Mal/EncPk-AFN
Close the registry editor after removing the above mentioned entries completely and restart the system in the normal mode. See how effectively you are able to remove this virus manually. Update the existing antivirus and run system scan to remove the infections caused by this virus.