The Trojan.Matsnu.gen!A is a malicious application that only infects the exe files in all the drives of your hard disc. This extremely dangerous virus modifies the system files by adding the “vmp0” code. This stubborn Trojan horse infection is specifically designed to damage the windows based computers permanently. Once installed, the Trojan.Matsnu.gen!A creates a number of malicious files in the system files folder, and adds registry entries in the windows registry to start automatically. Many of your important programs start malfunctioning because of this Trojan infection. This malicious application is used by the cyber criminals to access your confidential data and then use that information to steal your money. This extremely dangerous Trojan horse is a resource eater that makes your computer super slow. You will also face the regular crashes because of this deadly dangerous virus.
The Manual Removal of Trojan.Matsnu.gen!A
Once you become the victim of the Trojan.Matsnu.gen!A infection, you have to remove it by either way to minimize the damage . The manual removal method of the Trojan.Matsnu.gen!A is not an easy task for the basic level computer users. The steps involved in the manual removal of this infection are described below:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
After deciding that you have to remove this Trojan infection manually, the first step is, reboot the computer and access the boot options menu by using the F8 key repeatedly. Once you are able to see the boot options, you have to choose the safe mode and press the Enter key in order to terminate the normal mode of operation and start your PC in the safe mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
You have to kill the malicious processes of this virus once the system starts working in the safe mode. You have to access the windows task manager with the help of Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together in order to remove these associated processes of the Trojan.Matsnu.gen!A. Once the task manager is accessed, click the processes tab and remove the following processes:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
After removing the associated processes you have to delete the related files of this Trojan infection. In this regard you have to remove the following suspicious files :-
- % Desktopdir%\Trojan.Matsnu.gen!A.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Once you are done with all of the above mentioned steps, you have to open the start menu, and run the “RegEdit” command in order to access the registry editor. You can remove the following suspicious entries from the windows registry with the help of the registry editor in order to complete the manual removal process:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Matsnu.gen!A\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Matsnu.gen!A\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Matsnu.gen!A\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Matsnu.gen!A\DisplayName Trojan.Matsnu.gen!A
You need to reboot the system once again normally to see the virus is removed successfully or not. Update the existing antivirus software and run a complete system scan on your computer.