The Trojan.Macklamel.A is a destructive Trojan horse that sneaks in the windows based systems secretly and can make the computers completely useless. This malicious application attacks the system when you try to open spam email attachments, clicking the compromised links on the porn websites, and p2p sharing. Once installed, the Trojan.Macklamel.A infection not only remove some of the most important system files, but it also modifies the system settings. This malicious application is used by the cyber crooks to monitor the online activities of the targeted users to trace the personal financial information that can be used in the cyber crimes to make money. The Trojan.Macklamel.A is also capable of downloading the arbitrary files in your system, and start utilizing most of the system resources to make your computer very slow in responding. This is an extremely dangerous Trojan infection that is required to be dealt accordingly to protect the data along with the system resources.
The Manual Removal of Trojan.Macklamel.A
Once it is confirmed that your PC is a victim of the Trojan.Macklamel.A infection, you have no choice left but to remove this virus completely. If you are experienced enough to remove such computer infections manually you can try to remove the Trojan.Macklamel.A through the following instructions of the manual removal method :-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
These types of stubborn Trojan infections can only be removed when your system is operating in the safe mode. In order to terminate the normal mode, you have to restart the system and use the F8 key to see the boot options. Select the safe mode option from the list once you are able to see the boot options screen and hit the enter key t restart the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Use the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys to access the windows task manager. Once the task manager is accessed you have to remove the following associated processes of the Trojan.Macklamel.A that are available under the processes tab:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
After completing the successful removal of the above mentioned processes, you have to delete the following files hidden in the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Open the Start menu, choose “Run” option, and write “regedit” before hitting the “OK” button to access the registry editor through which you can remove the corrupt additions as well as medications created by the Trojan.Macklamel.A in the windows registry. In this regard, following are the suspicious entries that are required to be removed before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Macklamel.A\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Macklamel.A\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Macklamel.A\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Macklamel.A\DisplayName Trojan.Macklamel.A
In the end you have to reboot the system once again but this time in the normal mode to check the result of the manual removal efforts. If the process is successful, you have to run a system scan through the updated version of any reliable antivirus program.