The Trojan.Kisuky is another variation of the Trojan horse infections that attacks the windows based systems silently, and remove some of the crucial system files along with most accessed data files folders. Once the Trojan.Kisuky virus enters in the system, the computer becomes extremely slow, and you will see more frequent crashes. The cyber crooks use this virus as a tool to access the targeted computers remotely, and then steal the confidential details of the users to steal their money. Once installed, the Trojan.Kisuky infection changes the internet browser settings completely without the consent of the user, and you will notice the home page, desktop background as well as the default search engine is changed. This malicious application enters in the system through spam emails, unsafe browsing, and downloading freeware. This malicious Trojan also opens the backdoor for the additional parasites.
The Manual Removal of Trojan.Kisuky
After confirming the presence of the Trojan.Kisuky virus, you must address the issue swiftly in order to minimize the loss. The automatic tools to get rid of this Trojan infections are available, and recommended for the basic level computer users. The manual removal of this virus is also possible but complicated. Following are the instructions for the manual removal of the Trojan.Kisuky:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before starting the actual removal process you are required to boot the system in the safe mode. First of all you have to restart the computer, and use the F8 key to get the access of the boot options. Once the boot options are accessed, you have to select the safe mode and press the Enter key to restart the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the windows task manager and select the processes tab to see a list of processes running in the background of your computer. Remove the following associated processes of the Trojan.Kisuky infection:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Once done with the process issue, the next task is getting rid of the associated files of this deadly dangerous Trojan infection. Open the file explorer and delete the following associated files of the Trojan.Kisuky virus from the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The process will be completed when you rectify the errors in the windows registry. The changes in the windows registry can be done through the registry editor, and in this regard, you have to run the RegEdit.exe command through Start menu to open the registry editor. Once the registry editor is accessed, delete the following corrupt entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Kisuky\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Kisuky\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Kisuky\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Kisuky\DisplayName Trojan.Kisuky
Restart the system to evaluate the success of the manual removal, and run a complete system scan through an updated version of any reliable antivirus program.