The Trojan.Keylogger.MWP is a newly developed Trojan infection that is distributed by the hackers to corrupt the windows based computers. The Trojan.Keylogger.MWP helps the notorious cyber crooks in opening the backdoor in your system for the additional parasites, and collection of your most confidential personal details. These details may include the passwords, bank account details, credit card numbers, and information about any other payment method you are using. Once it enters in the system, the first thing this virus do is, change the security settings like windows firewall, and disable the security tools. There are a number of malicious codes, and executable files are downloaded on your system without your consent, and all these changes increase the vulnerability of the system. The Trojan.Keylogger.MWP makes your system extremely weird as you notice the browser crashes more frequently while you are in the middle of an important task, and the speed of the system is also not aas good as before. You can see a number of fake alert messages on the screen to provide you fake information about the security of your system.
The Manual Removal of Trojan.Keylogger.MWP
Once it is confirmed that the computer is compromised to the Trojan.Keylogger.MWP virus, you need to delete this infection at your earliest. The manual removal of this malicious application is extremely complicated. The manual removal instructions of this virus are detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before going through the complicated steps of the manual removal, you need to restart the PC in the safe mode. You have to open the boot options with the help of F8 key, and once the boot options menu is accessed, select the safe mode option from the list before pressing the Enter key to restart the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to open the task manager window, and select the processes tab where you can see a list of processes running in the background of your system. Remove the following processes and close the windows task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Locate as well as delete the following files along with the folders associated with the Trojan.Keylogger.MWP virus from the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Clean the windows registry to complete the manual removal process of the Trojan.Keylogger.MWP infection. Click on the start menu, select Run, and type “RegEdit” in the box to access the registry editor. After accessing the registry editor successfully, you have to find as well as delete the following malicious associated entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Keylogger.MWP\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Keylogger.MWP\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Keylogger.MWP\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Keylogger.MWP\DisplayName Trojan.Keylogger.MWP
Restart the system after closing the registry editor to see whether the manual removal is successful or otherwise. Run a complete system scan after updating your current antivirus program to remove the infections caused by the Trojan.Keylogger.MWP virus.