The JS/iframeRef. k is a malicious virus that is categorized as a Trojan virus. This is relatively newly discovered Trojan infection that has destroyed a number of windows based computers in the different parts of the world. Once your PC is compromised to this dangerous Trojan, the security tools in the computer become useless including the antivirus program. This is a specifically designed application which has the ability to divert the browsing efforts towards other websites. Mostly these websites are used for the promotional purpose where you are encouraged to buy lower quality products from the unauthentic providers. The basic purpose of developing the JS/iframeRef.k is to steal the confidential data of the user including the shopping passwords, browsing history and credit card number which is supposed to be used in the cyber crimes and financial frauds. Overall, this is a dangerous threat to the infected computer as well as data of the user.
Manual Removal Method of JS/iframeRef.k
Once it is detected in your computer, you need to remove it quickly in order to protect your data and computer. You can remove this malicious Trojan both ways, either by using an automatic removal tool, or manually. Following are the instructions for manual removal of JS/iframeRef.k.
Start the Computer in Safe Mode
The manual removal process started from rebooting the system in safe mode. You can use the F8 key to see the options about booting of the system where you need to select the safe mode option, and press enter button on the keyboard. Once the computer starts in the safe mode, then you can get rid of the processes, files, and registry entries created by this malicious application.
Delete the Malicious Processes
Once you have rebooted the computer in the safe mode, you have to start the task manager through Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, and click on the processes tab. Here all the processes running in the background are visible, and you have to delete the following malicious processes:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
Once done with processes, you have to remove the associated files and folders of this threat. You have to start the file explorer and browse to the system files folder to locate and delete the following associated files:-
Delete Registry Entries
After getting rid of the associated files, you also need to clean the windows registry to complete the manual removal process. In this regard you have to use the registry editor to make changes in the windows registry. The registry editor can be started through RegEdit command which is executed through Run option on the start menu. Once the registry editor is opened, you have to navigate and delete the following corrupt entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:JS/IframeRef.K\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:JS/IframeRef.K\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:JS/IframeRef.K\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan:JS/IframeRef.K\DisplayName Trojan:JS/IframeRef.K
Restart the computer in the normal mode after closing the registry editor to see the effectiveness of the manual removal process.