The Trojan.JS.Agent.cca is a dangerous computer virus that is categorized as a Java Trojan infection. The Trojan.JS.Agent.cca enters in the system without giving any knowledge to the users, and remain resident for a long period of time if not removed effectively. This malicious application is distributed through p2p sharing, compromised web pages, spam emails, and social media links. After getting installed on the system, this dangerous Trojan virus makes your system super slow, and deletes crucial system files due to which you will see that the computer acts weirdly. Moreover, the Trojan.JS.Agent.cca also modify windows registry by adding corrupt entries as well as startup keys. This malicious Java Trojan is a serious threat to the privacy of your data as the hackers try to access the secret personal information through this virus. Mostly these criminals look for the financial data of the selected users which is being used in online frauds to make money.
The Manual Removal of Trojan.JS.Agent.cca
Once your system comes under attack by the Trojan.JS.Agent.cca virus, you have to delete this infection without wasting unnecessary time. This malicious application can be deleted manually as well as automatically; however, the process of the manual removal is not only complicated but also lengthy and consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
The first step of the manual removal of the Trojan.JS.Agent.cca infection is boot the system in the safe mode. You have to terminate the normal mode of operation by restarting the system, and access the boot options menu by using the F8 key repeatedly while the system is being restarted. You have to select the safe mode and hit the Enter key to restart the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
To access the task manager, you have to hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and select the Processes tab to see the list of running processes, where you have to remove the following processes from the list and close the task manager window:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Once done with the removal of the processes, you have to delete the associated files of this Trojan infection. In this regard, remove the following files from the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
To complete the manual removal process you have to remove the modifications, and additions from the windows registry through the registry editor. Click on the Start Menu, select Run, and type regedit in the box before pressing the OK button to access the registry editor. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to remove the following entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.JS.Agent.cca\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.JS.Agent.cca\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.JS.Agent.cca\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.JS.Agent.cca\DisplayName Trojan.JS.Agent.cca
In the end, you have to restart the system in the normal mode to see the effect of recent changes. Do not forget to run a complete system scan through the updated version of your existing antivirus program.