The Trojan.Jetil is a dangerous malware that is categorized as a malicious Trojan application. It shows that it is a legitimate application that is designed to improve the performance of your computer. However, in reality this is nothing more than a malicious application. Once installed, it performs fake scans on your system, and then shows you some critical errors available in your system. When you try to remove these errors, it will ask you to buy the paid version of this software. The Trojan.Jetil has the ability to create malicious entries in the windows registry due to which every time you start your windows, it will run automatically in the background. This is actually a trap to steal your money, along with your financial information; therefore, you have to remove this dangerous Trojan once it is detected on your computer.
Manual Removal Method of Trojan.Jetil
One of the easiest ways of removing the Trojan.Jetil is through any reliable automatic removal tool. For the new or basic level computer users we recommend that try to get rid of this Trojan through automatic removal method. You can also remove the Trojan. Jetil by using the manual removal method, but the thing which you need to remember for manual removing is, this is a difficult process which is needed to be followed as it is described below:-
Start the Computer in Safe Mode
The manual removal process of Trojan.Jetil starts by restarting the infected computer in the safe mode. You have to hit F8 key while your computer is restarting, and hit the enter key after selecting the safe mode option from the boot options.
Delete the Malicious Processes
When your computer starts working in the safe mode, the next step is to get rid of the related processes of the Trojan.Jetil. In this regard, you need to start the windows task manager with the help of Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, and click on the processes tab. Here you can see a list of processes running in the background. You have to find and delete the following processes:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
After solving the processes issue, you have to get rid of the associated files of this dangerous Trojan application. You have to use the file explorer to locate the following files, and delete them by using the Delete key:-
Delete Registry Entries
In the end, do not forget to clean the windows registry. You have to start the registry editor through Regedit command, and navigate towards following registry entries to delete them:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Jetil\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Jetil\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Jetil\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Jetil\DisplayName Trojan.Jetil
After removing the malicious registry entries, you have to close the registry editor, and restart the computer in the normal mode to check the result of manual removal process. Update the antivirus program and run a complete system scan on your computer.