The Trojan horse PSW.Genric10.BIBM is a malicious application that often sneaks in the computers without the knowledge of the users. The Trojan horse PSW.Genric10.BIBM hides itself intelligently; therefore, it is impossible for any antivirus program to detect or remove this virus. Once installed on any computer, this dangerous infection creates a number of corrupt processes, and registry entries in the windows registry. Every time you start your windows, this virus runs automatically because of the startup keys created in the windows registry. After installing itself the Trojan horse PSW.Genric10.BIBM performs various annoying activities due to which you are unable to perform your daily tasks, and cannot access various important programs on your system. This malicious application has the ability to run annoying pop-up ads which results a sluggish performance of the computer. By eating up most of the computer resources, this virus makes the speed of browsing extremely slow and often you are unable to open the websites that you want to open.
The Manual Removal of Trojan horse PSW.Genric10.BIBM
After finding that your computer has become a victim of the Trojan horse PSW.Genric10.BIBM, you have to find a way to remove this virus quickly. In this regard, you can find any automatic removal tool to get rid of this stubborn virus. Besides that, the manual removal method is also available that consists of the following steps:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
The first step of the manual removal method is to restart the computer in the safe mode. You have to reboot the system and use F8 key to access the options regarding booting. Just select the safe mode option, and hit the enter key..
Kill the Associated Processes
Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the windows task manager where you have to click on the processes tab. You have to find as well as delete the following malicious processes associated with this virus from the list of processes appeared on your screen.
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
You also need to remove the malicious files associated with the Trojan horse PSW.Genric10.BIBM. In this regard, following are the files that are required to be deleted quickly :-
- %Desktopdir%\Trojan horse PSW.Genric10.BIBM .lnk
- %Programs%\Trojan horse PSW.Genric10.BIBM \Trojan horse PSW.Genric10.BIBM .lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
To clean the windows registry from the suspicious entries associated with this virus you have to open the registry editor by using the RegEdit.exe command that can be executed through the Run option available in the start menu. Find and delete the following associated entries by using the registry editor. After removing these entries close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan horse PSW.Genric10.BIBM \DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan horse PSW.Genric10.BIBM
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan horse PSW.Genric10.BIBM \UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan horse PSW.Genric10.BIBM \ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan horse PSW.Genric10.BIBM \DisplayName Trojan horse PSW.Genric10.BIBM
Restart the infected computer in the normal mode, and check the success of the manual removal process.