The Trojan horse Genric30.BHGD is the latest variation of famous Trojan horse viruses that enters in the computers without the permission of the user. This is a fake program that presents itself as a legitimate software. This malicious application belongs from the rogue viruses. Once installed, the Trojan horse Genric30.BHGD performs fake scans on the system, and shows that your computer has a number of errors that need to be removed. When you try to remove these so called errors, you will be asked to purchase the licensed or paid version of this software. Keep in mind that this is a fake application that is actually designed to trap the innocent users in order to take their money which they need to pay while purchasing the software, and steal their information which is being used in the frauds and other online crimes.
The Manual Removal of Trojan horse Genric30.BHGD
Once your system becomes a victim of the Trojan horse Genric30.BHGD, you have to remove this virus either by following the complicated steps of the manual removal process, or by using any reliable automatic removal tool. The manual removal of this malicious application is not easy as it involves several complicated steps that are mentioned below:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
Before starting the actual removal process of this virus, you have to terminate the normal mode of the computer. While the computer is restarted, use the F8 button repeatedly to see the boot option menu. Select the safe mode and press the enter key to restart the system in the safe mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
When you are able to start working your system in the safe mode, you have to get rid of the malicious processes associated with the Trojan horse Genric30.BHGD. These processes are available under the processes tab of windows task manager which can be accessed through Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys. You have to remove the following malicious processes related to this fake application by selecting the process one by one and using the “End Process” button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
Open the system files folder, and delete the following files related to this threat.
- %Desktopdir%\Trojan horse Genric30.BHGD .lnk
- %Programs%\Trojan horse Genric30.BHGD \Trojan horse Genric30.BHGD .lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The process of removing this infection manually is completed when the windows registry is cleaned from the infections. Access the registry editor by clicking on the Start menu, select Run, and type Regedit. Remove the following suspicious entries once the registry editor is accessed and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan horse Genric30.BHGD \DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan horse Genric30.BHGD
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan horse Genric30.BHGD \UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan horse Genric30.BHGD \ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan horse Genric30.BHGD \DisplayName Trojan horse Genric30.BHGD
Restart the computer in the normal mode to see the affect of recent changes, and run a complete system scan through your existing antivirus program.