The Trojan horse Generic_r.CGH is a malware that is categorized as Trojan horse application. At first look you will feel that this application is helpful in optimizing the performance of your system and enhance the security of your computer, but actually this is a virus that can destroy your system in a way that it becomes completely useless for you. Some the variations of this malicious application only used to steal the personal information of the users that includes passwords, emails, shopping preferences, payment preferences, credit card/bank account credentials, and browsing history. The other variations of this dangerous application can also destroy important system files, and destroy the system completely. The Trojan horse Generic_r.CGH can open the backdoor for the additional malware by changing the security settings of your computer. This stubborn Trojan horse is capable of avoiding most powerful antivirus program due to which it is impossible to detect this virus even if you have an updated antivirus. This malici0ous application makes your system extremely slow once entered in the system.
The Manual Removal of Trojan horse Generic_r.CGH
After confirming the presence of the Trojan horse Generic_r.CGH in your system you need to remove it as quickly as possible. There are some reliable automatic tools available to get rid of this dangerous Trojan horse, but the manual removal is also possible. The manual removal method consists of following steps:-
Start Your Computer in the Safe Mode
Reboot the infected system, and press F8 key to see the list of boot options. Select the safe mode option from the list and hit the enter key to restart the system in the safe mode. .
Delete the Processes through Windows Task Manager
After restarting the system in the safe mode you have to kill the malicious processes associated with this threat. Processes are available under the processes tab in the windows task manager which can be accessed by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Once you are able to see the list of running processes, you have to delete the following processes from the list:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Data
Once you are able to get rid of the associated processes, you have to delete the following associated files of this threat:-
- %Desktopdir%\Trojan horse Generic_r.CGH.lnk
- %Programs%\Trojan horse Generic_r.CGH\Trojan horse Generic_r.CGH.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
After removing the suspicious processes, and files, you have to delete the corrupt entries created by this virus in the windows registry. You have to click the Start button, and run the regedit command to open the registry editor where you have to find and delete the following entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan horse Generic_r.CGH\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan horse Generic_r.CGH
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan horse Generic_r.CGH\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan horse Generic_r.CGH\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan horse Generic_r.CGH\DisplayName Trojan horse Generic_r.CGH
After completing all of the above mentioned steps close the registry editor window and restart the computer in the normal mode. Update the existing antivirus software before running a complete system scan on your PC.