The Trojan horse Generic_r.BOP is a dangerous infection that is categorized as a Trojan horse virus and sneaks in the windows based computers without the consent of the users.This is a type of virus that opens backdoor for the additional viruses by disabling the antivirus and other security tools. This dangerous virus spreads three freeware, free music videos, free games, spam email attachments, and visiting the compromised websites. Once installed, this Trojan infection eats most of the resources of the system, due to which not only the speed of your computer affects, but you will also face regular crashes and freezes. This malicious application changes most of the important system settings and delete the sensitive system files. You will also see blue screen too often when this virus infects your system. The hackers use this dangerous Trojan horse to record your online activity and steal your confidential information. This information is stolen for the purpose of taking your money away through the credit card or any other fake online transaction.
The Manual Removal of Trojan horse Generic_r.BOP
When the presence of the Trojan horse Generic_r.BOP is confirmed in your computer , you have to remove this virus at your earliest. You can find a number of automatic removal tools that easily remove this dangerous Trojan horse virus. The manual removal of this virus is complicated yet possible by following the details mentioned below:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
Reboot the infected system and use F8 key to see the list of boot options. You have to select the safe mode option from that list and hit the enter key.
Kill the Associated Processes
Once the system starts working in the safe mode, you have to delete the malicious processes created by this Trojan horse virus. You have to open the windows task manager by Holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and hit the processes tab after accessing the task manager. You have to remove the following processes from the list of processes.
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
Following are the suspicious files associated with this threat and hidden in the program files folder that you need to remove quickly. :-
- %Desktopdir%\Trojan horse Generic_r.BOP.lnk
- %Programs%\Trojan horse Generic_r.BOP\Trojan horse Generic_r.BOP.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
To clean the windows registry from the entries created by this virus you have to open the registry editor with the help of RegEdit.exe command that can be run through the start menu. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to find as well as delete the following suspicious entries from the windows registry. After removing these entries close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan horse Generic_r.BOP\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan horse Generic_r.BOP
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan horse Generic_r.BOP\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan horse Generic_r.BOP\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan horse Generic_r.BOP\DisplayName Trojan horse Generic_r.BOP
You have to start your system in the normal mode to see the success of the manual removal process.