The Trojan Horse Generic34.bumw is a destructive variation of the Trojan infections that attacks the system suddenly without providing any prior information, and frustrates the users by displaying tons of pop-up ads related to security threats, and commercial advertisement. One of the most common ways to get infected by this Trojan is through unsafe browsing, and visiting the porn websites. Once installed, the Trojan Horse Generic34.bumw changes the browser settings inside your PC so that your browsing will be controlled by the developers of this infection. Whenever you try to open any website, you will be diverted towards unknown web pages. It also increases the vulnerability of the system by changing the windows firewall to invade the additional threats in the already infected computer. This malicious application also acts as an information stealer and steals the confidential personal as well as financial details of the user.
The Manual Removal of Trojan Horse Generic34.bumw
Once this dangerous Trojan infection comes inside the PC, the next thing you must decide about how to get rid of the Trojan Horse Generic34.bumw. This nasty infection can be removed automatically, and also manually. The professional users can try the manual removal method as per following instructions:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
The manual removal of this lethal infection is not possible in normal mode of operation as you are unable to access many of your system utilities. Restart the computer, and press the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarting to get the access of the boot options. Once you can see the options, select safe mode and press the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the windows task manager, and click on the process tab in that window to see the list of processes running in the system. You need to remove the following associated processes of the Trojan Horse Generic34.bumw virus from that list one by one through the End Process button before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
After completing the removal of malicious processes, you have to get rid of the following associated files of this lethal Trojan infection along with the folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\Trojan Horse Generic34.bumw.lnk
- %Programs%\Trojan Horse Generic34.bumw\Trojan Horse Generic34.bumw.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Click on the star menu, select Run, and type Regedit in the box to open the registry editor. Once the registry editor is accessed, remove the following associated entries of the Trojan Horse Generic34.bumw in order to remove the modifications made by this lethal Trojan horse:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan Horse Generic34.bumw\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan Horse Generic34.bumw
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan Horse Generic34.bumw\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan Horse Generic34.bumw\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan Horse Generic34.bumw\DisplayName Trojan Horse Generic34.bumw
Reboot the computer in the normal mode after closing the registry editor window, and do not forget to update the existing antivirus program to run the system scan.