The Trojan horse Generic34.BDPQ is a nasty variation of computer infections belongs to the Trojan horse family of viruses that is specifically developed for the purpose of stealing the confidential details of the targeted users from the windows platforms. The Trojan horse Generic34.BDPQ attacks the system silently, and the user is completely unaware until this malicious application starts performing its harmful activities. Once this deadly dangerous computer infection settles in the system, it modifies the DNS settings that affect badly the speed and performance of the system. The Trojan horse Generic34.BDPQ is distributed via compromised web pages, p2p sharing of the files, downloading freeware, and also through social media links.
The Manual Removal of Trojan horse Generic34.BDPQ
Once you found the symptoms of the Trojan horse Generic34.BDPQ virus inside your system, you have to confirm its presence, and remove it quickly. You can choose manual removal method which is only recommended to the experienced users. Besides that, the automatic tools are also available that are convenient for the new users. The instructions for the manual removal are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before starting the actual removal process, you have to start the system in the safe mode by terminating the normal mode of operation. Restart the computer, and access the list of boot options by using the F8 key repeatedly while the system is being restarted. Once the boot options screen is accessed, you have to select the safe mode option from the list, and hit the enter key to boot the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Once the system starts operating in the safe mode, you need to delete the malicious processes associated with this threat. Access the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and select the Processes tab under the task manager window where you can see all the processes running in the system. Remove the following suspicious processes associated with the Trojan horse Generic34.BDPQ virus:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Once done with the processes thing, you have to take care of the associated data of this infection. Open the system files folder, and remove the following associated files of the Trojan horse Generic34.BDPQ:-
- %Desktopdir%\Trojan horse Generic34.BDPQ.lnk
- %Programs%\Trojan horse Generic34.BDPQ\Trojan horse Generic34.BDPQ.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The manual removal process will be completed when you remove the modifications created by this infection in the windows registry. Open the registry editor by running the “regedit.exe” command through start menu, and, delete the following suspicious entries associated with this malicious application:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan horse Generic34.BDPQ\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan horse Generic34.BDPQ
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan horse Generic34.BDPQ\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan horse Generic34.BDPQ\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan horse Generic34.BDPQ\DisplayName Trojan horse Generic34.BDPQ
Restart the computer in the normal mode to see whether the virus is removed successfully or otherwise, and run a system scan through your antivirus program.