The Trojan Horse Generic31.BSHS is a recently discovered computer infection that has attacked windows based computers in the recent past without providing knowledge to the user. The Trojan Horse Generic31.BSHS is a dangerous Trojan horse infection that enters in the system secretly, and perform various harmful activities inside the computer. This malicious application spreads through unsafe browsing, downloading freeware from unknown sources, and clicking on the spam email attachments. This dangerous Trojan horse is used by the cyber crooks to collect and transmit the most confidential information like credit card details, emails, passwords, and bank account details. There are keyloggers, backdoor infections, and password stealers are included with this virus that can be used to steal the data, and damage your important system resources.
The Manual Removal of Trojan Horse Generic31.BSHS
After getting infected from the Trojan Horse Generic31.BSHS virus, your goal is to remove this infection not only quickly but also effectively. You can use any automatic removal tool to remove this malicious application within just a few clicks of the mouse. Besides that, the manual removal of the Trojan Horse Generic31.BSHS virus is also available by following the instructions mentioned below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before proceeding towards the actual removal of this Trojan horse, you have to reboot the system in order to terminate the normal mode of the operation. While the system is restarted, use the F8 key repeatedly to see the boot options. Select the safe mode option, and press the Enter key to boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the windows task manager. Select the processes tab in the task manager window to see the list of running processes within your system. You have to find and remove the following malicious processes associated with the Trojan Horse Generic31.BSHS from the list before closing the windows task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
After completing the removal of the associated processes, you have to remove the following associated files hidden in the system files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\Trojan Horse Generic31.BSHS.lnk
- %Programs%\Trojan Horse Generic31.BSHS\Trojan Horse Generic31.BSHS.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Clean the windows registry by reversing the modification made by this Trojan horse in order to complete the manual removal process. Open the registry editor by using the “RegEdit” command that can be executed through the Run option available in the Start Menu. Remove the following malicious entries associated with this virus once the registry editor is accessible:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan Horse Generic31.BSHS\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan Horse Generic31.BSHS
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan Horse Generic31.BSHS\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan Horse Generic31.BSHS\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan Horse Generic31.BSHS\DisplayName Trojan Horse Generic31.BSHS
Restart the system in the normal mode to see the result of the manual removal efforts after closing the registry editor. Run a system scan through the updated version of your current antivirus program.