The Trojan horse Dropper.Generic8.AXHI is a computer virus that belongs from the famous Trojan horse family of infections and categorized as a newly released version of Trojan horse worms that installed on any windows based computer as an executable file, and start performing malicious activities. This nasty Trojan infection often comes inside the system without getting the consent of the user, and remains resident deep in the system files. This is a dangerous threat for the security of your PC, and capable of transferring the most confidential user details to the notorious hackers to use it in the cyber crimes. It blocks your access to the important system utilities; corrupt system files, and blocks you to install any software. Besides that, the Trojan horse Dropper.Generic8.AXHI can also bring the additional infections after modifying the security settings in your PC.
The Manual Removal of Trojan horse Dropper.Generic8.AXHI
Once you know that the system is compromised to Trojan horse Dropper.Generic8.AXHI virus, you need to delete this virus as soon as possible. The manual removal of this infection is only recommended to the advanced users and professionals as it is extremely complicated. The instructions for the manual removal of the Trojan horse Dropper.Generic8.AXHI are detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Restart the computer, and access the boot options by using the F8 key. Once the boot options are accessed, you have to select the Safe Mode option from the list and press the Enter key to boot the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
To start removing the malicious associated processes of the Trojan horse Dropper.Generic8.AXHI virus you have to access the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Click on the processes tab, and remove the following associated processes of this virus by using the “End Process” button before closing the windows task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the file explorer, and access the system files folder to find and delete the associated files of the Trojan horse Dropper.Generic8.AXHI virus. Following are some of the files that you need to delete:-
- %Desktopdir%\Trojan horse Dropper.Generic8.AXHI.lnk
- %Programs%\Trojan horse Dropper.Generic8.AXHI\Trojan horse Dropper.Generic8.AXHI.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Access the registry editor by selecting the Run option available in the Start menu, and type regedit in the box. Once the registry editor is accessed, remove the following associated entries of the Trojan horse Dropper.Generic8.AXHI infection before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan horse Dropper.Generic8.AXHI\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan horse Dropper.Generic8.AXHI
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan horse Dropper.Generic8.AXHI\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan horse Dropper.Generic8.AXHI\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan horse Dropper.Generic8.AXHI\DisplayName Trojan horse Dropper.Generic8.AXHI
Restart the system in the normal mode to check that the virus is removed successfully or otherwise. If the manual removal process is successful, you have to update your antivirus software, and run a complete system scan to remove any infected material from the system.