The Trojan Horse Dropper Generic7.SIF is a malicious Trojan horse that often penetrates in the windows based computers without the permission of the user. Once installed, this dangerous Trojan infection changes the settings of your system completely, and add harmful files deep in the system files folder. It has the ability to change the Master Boot Record of the infected machine and also destroy the system kernel. The basic objective of this malicious Trojan virus is to steal the personal information of the user such as credit card details, payment history, emails, passwords, and online shopping preferences. This information transferred to the hackers and online criminals who can use it for the online frauds. This virus mostly spread through compromised web pages, spam email attachments, and accepting online offers from the unknown publishers.
You have to remove the Trojan Horse Dropper Generic7.SIF either by using any reliable automatic removal tool through which this Trojan application can be removed by a few clicks of the mouse, or by using the manual method which is a bit difficult for the novice users. If you are choosing the manual removal method we strongly recommend that you must have knowledge about the windows registry, and can differentiate the suspicious files. Following are the steps of the manual removal method:-
Start Your Computer in the Safe Mode
Restart the infected machine, and use F8 key while the machine is restarted. This will take you to the screen where you can see the boot option menu. From the list of options you have to select the safe mode and hit the enter key to start operating your computer in the safe mode.
Delete the Processes through Windows Task Manager
Following are the processes considered as associated to the Trojan Horse Dropper Generic7.SIF and you have to delete these processes through the processes tab available in the windows task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Data
Delete the associated data that is stored in the shape of files and folders in system files folder. In this regard, you have to get rid of the following files:-
- %Desktopdir%\Trojan Horse Dropper Generic7.SIF.lnk
- %Programs%\Trojan Horse Dropper Generic7.SIF\Trojan Horse Dropper Generic7.SIF.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
To complete the manual removal process you need clean the registry from the malicious registry entries created by the Trojan Horse Dropper Generic7.SIF. These dangerous entries can be removed by using the registry editor that can be started by executing the regedit command in the run option of start menu. Once the registry editor is opened, you have to get rid of the following entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan Horse Dropper Generic7.SIF\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan Horse Dropper Generic7.SIF
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan Horse Dropper Generic7.SIF\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan Horse Dropper Generic7.SIF\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan Horse Dropper Generic7.SIF\DisplayName Trojan Horse Dropper Generic7.SIF
After successfully deleting the above mentioned entries you have to restart the computer in the normal mode to see how effectively you have made the changes.