It is also capable of opening the backdoor for additional corrupt and malicious files in the infected system. The Trojan Horse Downloader.Generic13.BBJU has the ability to update its files to remain resident in the system for a longer period of time. The online criminals use this application to access the confidential data stored in the infected computer, and use it in the cyber crimes, and online frauds. Once installed, this Trojan horse can make your computer extremely slow, and affect the overall performance of your computer.
The Manual Removal of Trojan Horse Downloader.Generic13.BBJU
When it is revealed that your computer is compromised to the Trojan Horse Downloader. Generic13.BBJU, your ultimate goal is to delete this tricky Trojan horse application as quickly as possible. There are some reliable automatic tools available in this regard. Besides that, you can also remove this virus manually by following the steps described below:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
Before going through the manual removal process, you have to restart the infected system in the safe mode. In this regard, you have to simply restart the computer to terminate the normal mode, and press the F8 key repeatedly to open the boot options. Once you are able to see these options, select the safe mode, and hit the enter key.
Kill the Associated Processes
The next step of manual removal process is to remove the associated processes of this malicious Trojan horse. You have to access the task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together and select the processes tab to see the list of processes running in the background. Remove the following processes from that list with the help of the “End Process” button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
After that, you are required to remove the associated files along with their folders. Delete the following corrupt files related to this infection.
- %Desktopdir%\Trojan Horse Downloader.Generic13.BBJU.lnk
- %Programs%\Trojan Horse Downloader.Generic13.BBJU\Trojan Horse Downloader.Generic13.BBJU.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Finally, you have to get rid of the corrupt entries created in the windows registry by the Trojan Horse Downloader.Generic13.BBJU. You can access the registry editor by running the “RegEdit” command with the help of “Run” option available in the “Start Menu”. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to delete the following associated entries immediately:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan Horse Downloader.Generic13.BBJU\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan Horse Downloader.Generic13.BBJU
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan Horse Downloader.Generic13.BBJU\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan Horse Downloader.Generic13.BBJU\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan Horse Downloader.Generic13.BBJU\DisplayName Trojan Horse Downloader.Generic13.BBJU
After removing the above entries successfully, close the registry editor, and restart the system in the normal mode. Besides that, you also requires to run a complete system scan on your computer after updating the antivirus software already installed on your computer.