The Trojan horse Downloader.Generic10.UIK is an extremely dangerous Trojan horse virus that sneaks in the systems without the consent of the user and can damage the computer in a way that it becomes completely useless. This malicious application is designed for the purpose of providing the access to the cyber crooks of the infected computer by opening a backdoor. As the Trojan horse Downloader.Generic10.UIK virus is developed with the latest techniques, it is not possible for the most powerful antivirus program to detect or remove this infection. Once installed, this Trojan horse makes several changes within the system including the security settings, privacy settings, system settings, and browser settings. This malicious application is also known as a resource eater and once installed, you will feel a huge decrease in the speed along with the overall performance of the system.
The Manual Removal of Trojan horse Downloader.Generic10.UIK
After confirming the attack of Trojan horse Downloader.Generic10.UIK virus on your PC, you have to delete this highly dangerous infection from the system completely. You can use either automatic removal tool to get rid of this virus, or follow the complicated steps of the manual removal method that are described below and only recommended for the expert computer users:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
In order to start the manual removal process of the Trojan horse Downloader.Generic10.UIK infection you are required to boot the system in the safe mode. Use the F8 key while the system is in restarting process to access the boot options screen. Once you are able to see the boot options, you have to select the safe mode and hit the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
Click on the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the windows task manager, and once the task manager is accessed, you have to select the Processes tab. You have to remove the following malicious processes from the list, and close the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Delete the following malicious files from the system files folder as they are suspicious to associated with this Trojan infection:-
- %Desktopdir%\Trojan horse Downloader.Generic10.UIK.lnk
- %Programs%\Trojan horse Downloader.Generic10.UIK\Trojan horse Downloader.Generic10.UIK.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You are required to click on the Start button, select Run, and type RegEdit in the box before pressing the OK button to access the registry editor. Through the registry editor, you have to find as well as delete the following associated entries of this dangerous Trojan horse application to clean the windows registry:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan horse Downloader.Generic10.UIK\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan horse Downloader.Generic10.UIK
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan horse Downloader.Generic10.UIK\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan horse Downloader.Generic10.UIK\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan horse Downloader.Generic10.UIK\DisplayName Trojan horse Downloader.Generic10.UIK
Restart the computer in the normal mode to see the effect of changes you have made recently after closing the registry editor. Run a complete system scan to remove the infections caused by this Trojan virus.