The Trojan Horse Back Door.Generic122.BQZD is a lethal computer infection that sneaks in the windows based computers secretly, and starts performing malicious activities as soon as it enters. It corrupts the windows registry by adding corrupt entries, and disables your antivirus as well as the windows task manager. This malicious application spreads through junk mail attachments, p2p sharing of files, visiting hacked websites, and social media links. After settling down in the system it modifies the security settings in the system, and opens a backdoor for the additional parasites after disabling the windows firewall. You will notice that the crucial settings like home page, desktop background, and default search provider modified without your permission. You cannot detect such lethal computer infections through your antivirus program.
Removal of Trojan Horse Back Door.Generic122.BQZD
Once it becomes obvious that the system is infected from the Trojan Horse Back Door.Generic122.BQZD, you have to pick a powerful method to remove this virus quickly. The automatic tools are always available to get rid of this virus. Besides that, the manual removal process is also available that consists of the following instructions:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You cannot remove such stubborn Trojan horse infections by remaining in the normal mode of operation. To change the mode from normal to safe, you have to select the restart from the start menu, and hit the F8 key repeatedly to see the list of boot options. Choose the safe mode from the list before pressing the Enter key to access the safe mode of your computer.
End the Malicious Processes
You have to open the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and clicks on the processes tab to see the list of processes running in the background of your system. Kill the following processes associated with the Trojan Horse Back Door.Generic122.BQZD infection with the help of the “End Process” button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Once you are done with the processes issue, you have to get rid of the associated data of the Trojan Horse Back Door.Generic122.BQZD virus. Open the system files folder through file explorer, and delete the following files as quickly as possible:-
- %Desktopdir%\Trojan Horse Back Door.Generic122.BQZD.lnk
- %Programs%\Trojan Horse Back Door.Generic122.BQZD\Trojan Horse Back Door.Generic122.BQZD.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The last step of the manual removal process is removal of the corrupt entries from the windows registry. Access the registry editor by selecting the Run option available in the start menu, and write “regedit” in the box before pressing the Ok button. Once the registry editor is accessed, remove the following suspicious entries before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan Horse Back Door.Generic122.BQZD\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan Horse Back Door.Generic122.BQZD
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan Horse Back Door.Generic122.BQZD\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan Horse Back Door.Generic122.BQZD\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan Horse Back Door.Generic122.BQZD\DisplayName Trojan Horse Back Door.Generic122.BQZD
Restart the system in the normal mode, and do not forget to run a complete system scan after updating your existing antivirus application.