The Trojan Horse Adinjector.c is a variation of HTML Trojan infections and can cause severe damage to your system. Once entered, the Trojan Horse Adinjector.c virus can easily penetrate deep in the roots of the system files, and hide itself wisely to avoid detection through normal security tools. This malicious parasite enters in the computers by using the vulnerabilities available in the security of the system, and remains resident for a longer period of time. Besides changing the crucial system settings including the default search engine, default browser, desktop background and home page, the Trojan Horse Adinjector.c virus also creates malicious entries in the windows registry. This infection has the ability to disable some important system utilities including the antivirus, registry editor, and windows task manager. Once you become the victim of this Trojan horse virus, you will experience a huge decrease in the overall efficiency of the system, and the speed of the computer also decrease.
The Manual Removal of Trojan Horse Adinjector.c
Once the presence of the Trojan Horse Adinjector.c virus is confirmed in your computer, your goal is to get rid of this infection effectively and completely. You have got two options in this regard, automatic removal method and manual removal of the Trojan Horse Adinjector.c. The manual removal process is detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before starting the manual removal you need to terminate the normal mode, and boot the system in the safe mode. Access the boot options with the help of F8 key, and select the safe mode from the list before pressing the Enter key to reboot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
To start the windows task manager you need to hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. After accessing the task manager, you have to select the processes tab where you can see the list of processes running in the background of the system. Remove the following associated processes of the Trojan Horse Adinjector.c:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Find and remove the following malicious files from the system files folder by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Trojan Horse Adinjector.c.lnk
- %Programs%\Trojan Horse Adinjector.c\Trojan Horse Adinjector.c.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Finally you have to delete the corrupt entries added by the Trojan Horse Adinjector.c in the windows registry to complete the manual removal process. Access the registry editor with the help of the RegEdit command that can be executed through the Run option available in the Start menu. Once the registry editor is accessed, remove the following entries associated with this infection, and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan Horse Adinjector.c\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan Horse Adinjector.c
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan Horse Adinjector.c\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan Horse Adinjector.c\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan Horse Adinjector.c\DisplayName Trojan Horse Adinjector.c
Restart the PC to evaluate the success or failure of the manual removal process. You are also required to run a system scan through your antivirus program after removing the virus successfully.