The Trojan.GenericKDV.1134859 is a lethal Trojan horse infection that often invades the windows based platforms without providing any information to the user, and overhauls the system settings without getting the consent of the user. This malicious application is designed in a way that it will be distributed automatically through compromised web pages, and spam emails. Once the Trojan.GenericKDV.1134859 enters in any system, it immediately opens the backdoor after disabling the windows firewall, and antivirus so that the hackers can access the PC remotely. First of all, the Trojan.GenericKDV.1134859 modifies the windows registry by adding the startup keys so that the virus can be start automatically every time the user starts the PC. The cyber crooks use this Trojan horse as a tool to collect the precious information about the targeted users like credit card numbers, emails, passwords, shopping websites, and payment methods used. This information is then used by these cyber criminals in the online frauds to make money.
The Manual Removal of Trojan.GenericKDV.1134859
After knowing that the PC is victimized and the Trojan.GenericKDV.1134859 invades the system, you have to take immediate steps to remove this lethal Trojan horse infection. This malicious application can be removed automatically, and also manually. The professional users can try the manual removal method as per following instructions:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
The manual removal process cannot be started by remaining in the normal mode; therefore, you need to start the system in the safe mode. In this regard, restart the computer, and press the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarting to get the access of the boot options. You have to choose the Safe Mode option from the list appears on the screen to start the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Once the PC start operating in the safe mode, it is now possible for you to open the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Click on the process tab to see the list of running processes once the task manager window appear on the screen. You need to remove the following suspicious processes one by one through the End Process button before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the file explorer, and locate the following suspicious files so that the associated data of the Trojan.GenericKDV.1134859 can be removed:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Click on the star menu, select Run, and type Regedit in the box to open the registry editor. Once the registry editor is accessed, remove the following associated entries of the Trojan.GenericKDV.1134859 in order to remove the modifications made by this lethal Trojan horse:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.GenericKDV.1134859\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.GenericKDV.1134859\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.GenericKDV.1134859\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.GenericKDV.1134859\DisplayName Trojan.GenericKDV.1134859
Reboot the PC in the normal mode after closing the registry editor window, and update the existing antivirus to scan the system for infections.