The Trojan Generic3_c.BNQG is a new addition to the cyber world and categorized as a Trojan virus. This malicious application infects millions of windows based computers all over the world through spam emails and p2p sharing networks. Once this dangerous Trojan installed on your computer, it changes the crucial windows settings and stops you to access some of your important files. This malicious application is designed to provide remote access of the computers to the hackers and online criminals. Besides that the Trojan Generic3_c.BNQG has the ability to disable the security tools of the infected computers including the antivirus program and open doors for the more threats. This tricky Trojan virus has the ability to steal the information of the user that can be used in the cyber crimes. Once you have detected this threat on your computer, you have to delete it quickly.
Manual Removal Method of Trojan Generic3_c.BNQG
The manual removal of the Trojan Generic3_c.BNQG is possible but difficult. The manual removal is not recommended for the novice users as it can cause permanent damage if any sensitive system files is deleted instead of associated file. The manual removal process consists of a few complicated steps in which you have to end the processes, delete the infected files, and clean the windows registry. Following are the instructions of the manual removal process:-
Start the Computer in Safe Mode
Before searching for the infected and associated files, folders, and registry entries, you have to reboot the infected computer in safe mode. In this regard, you have to restart the PC, and use F8 button to see the boot options. From these options, you have to select the safe mode, and hit the enter button.
Delete the Malicious Processes
When the infected system is restarted in the safe mode, you have to start the task manager, and hit the process tab. Here all the running processes are listed, and you need to select the following processes, and press End Process button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
After ending the processes, you are now able to delete the files. In this regard, you have to find as well as delete the following malicious files by using the file explorer and delete button:-
- %Desktopdir%\Trojan Generic3_c.BNQG.lnk
- %Programs%\Trojan Generic3_c.BNQG\Trojan Generic3_c.BNQG.lnk
Delete Registry Entries
When you are done with the processes, and files, you need to clean the windows registry as well to complete the manual removal process. To clean the windows registry you have to start the registry editor by going into the start menu, run option, and type regedit in the box. Once the registry editor started, you have to find and delete the following corrupt entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan Generic3_c.BNQG\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan Generic3_c.BNQG
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan Generic3_c.BNQG\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan Generic3_c.BNQG\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan Generic3_c.BNQG\DisplayName Trojan Generic3_c.BNQG
Restart the computer in the normal mode, and run a complete system scan to check the infections caused by this malicious application.