If your computer system is affected with the Trojan fakeav and you do not know what this is and how to remove it, do not worry. Read this article, we have answers to all your problems. In this article, we will tell you how you can remove the Trojan fakeav without any help from the other automatic software.
You need to know what exactly Trojan Fakeav is and why you should remove it. Trojan Fakeav is another new malicious Trojan that is designed with the main purpose of gaining money from the people. It has many other variants some of which are: Trojan Fakeav32, Trojan Fakeav29 and Trojan Fakeav42. This series of malicious Trojans keeps becoming more sophisticated, thus getting harder to remove. This malicious tool enters illegally into your computer and installs itself without your permission. Many computer users get affected with the spy ware by visiting or clicking on web sites that contain malicious code. It may also come in package with other downloaded softwares.
Trojan Fakeav damages your computer system by changing the registry values and it also opens a way for many other intruder malicious tools to safely enter your computer system. These malwares can save your personal information from the computer and uses it illegally for their activities. You may have tried software that is available online to remove the Trojan Fakeav, but many of them do not work well. We recommend you to do the Trojan Fakeav removal manually. In this way, you can remove the malicious tool effectively.
Remove Trojan fakeav Processes
- To remove the Trojan Fakeav you need to stop its processes from working and that can be done using windows task manger.
- Press ALT+CTR+DEL keys all at a time to quickly open the windows task manager.
- Find out the tab named ‘processes’ and click on it.
- All the processes that are active are being shown under the column ‘image name’.
- Find the processes %System%\enemies-names.txt and %System%\local.ini. The processes are arranged alphabetically so you can find them easily.
- Select the processes and click on ‘End processes’.
Remove Trojan fakeav Registry key values
- Go to Start then click on the option Run.
- Write regedit and click Ok.
- From the two sections of the registry editor go in the left section and click on Edit.
- Select the option Find and write down the registry values.
- When the registry values are shown right click on them and press Delete.
- The Trojan fakeav registry values are:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Antimalware Doctor
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Antimalware Doctor Inc
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Antimalware Doctor Inc\Antimalware Doctor
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\avastui.exe Debugger = svchost.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\egui.exe Debugger = svchost.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe Debugger = svchost.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe Debugger = svchost.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msmpeng.exe Debugger = svchost.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe Debugger = svchost.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore DisableSR = “1”
Remove Trojan fakeav other files
- Click on the Start button then on Run.
- Write cmd and press enter.
- Write the complete path of the file along with the directory name.
- When the file is opened type ‘regsvr32 /u [dll_file_name]’ and press enter.
- Change dll_file_name with the following file names:
- %UserProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Trojan/Win32.FakeAV\
- %UserProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Trojan/Win32.FakeAV\Trojan/Win32.FakeAV.lnk
- %UserProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Trojan/Win32.FakeAV\Uninstall Trojan/Win32.FakeAV.lnk
- %AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\.dll
- %AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\.exe
Disclaimer: Altering your windows registry items and other computer files should only be attempted by knowledgeable computer users. Errors in registry items may lead to some technical problems affecting other aspects of your machine. We advise you to attempt all these manual steps at your own risk, or else it is better use the Automatic Trojan fakeav removal Tool.
This is most safe and easy method. Download Trojan fakeav Removal Tool to automatically remove Trojan fakeav.
If you need any technical assistance in removing the Trojan fakeav,do submit your comments to get clarified.