The Trojan.Fakealert.15309 is relatively new parasite, and we can say this is a new addition to the Trojan horse infections that infected thousands of computers in short time. This malicious application enters in the system secretly, and start recording the online activities of the user as well as steal the confidential data that includes bank account credentials and credit card details. Once all the information collected from the infected system, it will be transferred to the online criminals and developers of this virus. These notorious criminals often use this information in the online frauds to steal the money from the accounts of the innocent computer users.Once installed, the Trojan.Fakealert.15309 changes the browsing preferences, and redirect all the searches made by the users to unknown websites where you are asked to purchase some unknown and unwanted products. This malicious virus makes the system extremely slow by utilizing most of the resources installed on the infected machine.
The Manual Removal of Trojan.Fakealert.15309
When it is confirmed that the system is compromised to the Trojan.Fakealert.15309, you have to delete the virus at your earliest to control the level of harmful activities. You can do this removal by using the automatic removal tool. Besides that, the manual removal process is also available that is described below:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
The manual removal can be completed in the safe mode operation; therefore, you have to start the infected system in the safe mode by restarting it and use F8 key repeatedly to see the boot options. In the list of boot options you have to select the safe mode, and press the enter key.
Kill the Associated Processes
After starting the system in the safe mode, you have to kill the associated processes of this infection. You have to open the task manager with the help of Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, and once the task manager accessed click on the processes tab to remove the following suspicious processes:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
You have to remove the associated data of the Trojan.Fakealert.15309. In this regard following are the suspicious files hidden in the program files folder that are needed to be removed:-
- %Desktopdir%\ Trojan.Fakealert.15309.lnk
- %Programs%\ Trojan.Fakealert.15309\ Trojan.Fakealert.15309.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
To complete the manual removal process, you have to clean the windows registry by using the registry editor. The registry editor can be accessed with the help of Regedit command that can be run through the start menu. Delete the following suspicious entries from the windows registry and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Fakealert.15309 \DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Fakealert.15309 \UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Fakealert.15309 \ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Fakealert.15309 \DisplayName Trojan.Fakealert.15309
Restart the computer in the normal mode, and see whether the Trojan.Fakealert.15309 infection removed successfully or otherwise. Remove the infections caused by this virus by running a complete system scan through an updated version of any powerful antivirus program.