The Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Dapato.bcbf is a variation of recently detected Trojan infections that are specifically designed to harass the windows based computer users. The Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Dapato.bcbf enters in the system without getting the consent of the user, and soon after settling down, it start performing the hazardous activities inside the system. This malicious application is bundled with many free software applications; therefore, while downloading these applications this virus enters in the system. Besides that, the hackers also distribute this infection via malicious websites, removable devices, and spam email attachments. The Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Dapato.bcbf can replicate itself, and keep changing its name as well as location to avoid the detection effort. It causes slowdown in the overall speed of the system, frequent crashes, open backdoor, modify the desktop, and redirect your searches towards malicious websites. Besides that, it also brings additional parasites inside the system by changing the security settings of your PC.
The Manual Removal of Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Dapato.bcbf
After knowing that the system is compromised to the Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Dapato.bcbf virus, you have to drop everything, and start removing this infection as quickly as possible. Nasty Trojan virus can be removed either by following the complicated steps of the manual removal process or automatically through any reliable automatic removal tool. The manual removal process of this infection is detailed as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
The manual removal can only run when the system is operated in the safe mode; therefore, you need to restart the infected computer, and keep pressing the F8 key while the system is restarting to see the list of boot options on the screen. After accessing the list of boot options, select the Safe mode option, and hit the Enter to start the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Once the system starts in the safe mode, you have to open the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to remove the associated processes of this lethal Trojan. Click on the processes tab in the task manager window to see the list of processes running in the background, and delete the following associated process by using the End Process button before closing the windows task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Locate as well as remove the following suspicious files associated with the Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Dapato.bcbf virus from the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You must clean the windows registry by removing the corrupt entries created by the Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Dapato.bcbf. Open the start menu, select Run option, and type Regedit in the box to start the registry editor. Once the registry editor is accessed, delete the following suspicious entries associated with this dangerous Trojan infection:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Dapato.bcbf\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Dapato.bcbf\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Dapato.bcbf\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Dapato.bcbf\DisplayName Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Dapato.bcbf
Restart the computer in the normal mode, and run a complete system scan through an updated version of your antivirus program.