The Trojan.Dropper.PWS is a dangerous virus which presents itself as a legitimate program, but actually it is a fake system utility. This dangerous worm is spread all over the world with a number of different names, and millions of windows based computers are infected from this virus. The Trojan.Dropper.PWS can infect your PC when you perform unsafe browsing, share your resources with other computers on the network, or accept online offers without confirming the reliability of the publisher. This malicious Trojan is designed wisely to trap users, and steal their confidential financial data such as credit card details, and bank accounts information. This tricky Trojan opens the backdoor for other similar threats once installed on any windows based computer. Once installed, it makes your computer extremely slow.
The Manual Removal of Trojan.Dropper.PWS
After knowing that your system is compromised to the Trojan.Dropper.PWS, you have to remove this virus immediately to minimize the loss of information and resources. You can get rid of this tricky Trojan infection with the help of any reliable automatic software. The manual removal of this virus is also possible. The instructions for manual removal are as under:-
Start Your Computer in the Safe Mode
It is impossible to remove these viruses when your system is working in the normal mode. You need to start the infected computer in the safe mode. The safe mode can be accessed by using the F8 key while the system is in restarting process, and select the safe mode option from the boot options list to restart the computer in the safe mode.
Delete the Processes through Windows Task Manager
When the infected system starts working in the safe mode, you have to proceed to the next step which is removal of the associated processes running in the back ground. Hold Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to start the windows task manager, and select the Processes tab. You have to delete the following associated processes of this threat:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Data
To remove this infection completely, you have to delete the files and folders associated with this virus. In this regard, following are the files that are required to be deleted:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
After completing all of the above mentioned steps, you need to proceed to the final step of the manual removal method. It is important to clean the windows registry by removing the corrupt entries created by this tricky Trojan infection. You have to open the start menu, select Run option, and type RegEdit to start the registry editor. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to find and delete the following corrupt entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Dropper.PWS\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Dropper.PWS\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Dropper.PWS\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Dropper.PWS\DisplayName Trojan.Dropper.PWS
Restart the computer in the normal mode to see the effect of changes. Update the existing antivirus software, and run a complete system scan.