The Trojan-Dropper.Agent.ane is just another variation of famous Trojan viruses, and infects thousands of computers by entering secretly into the system. This malicious application can harm your resources as well as data by damaging important system files, removing crucial data files, and changing the critical system settings. This malicious Trojan application is designed by the online criminals to steal the crucial information from the targeted computers in order to use this information for online frauds and other cyber crimes. Once installed, it disables your browser completely due to which you are unable to perform any browsing or surfing activities through your computer. You will also notice that your computer shutdowns a lot without any reason, and you will also experience the frequent crashes. All these harmful activities are performed in order to track your browsing preferences, online shopping details, payment details, and emails. Once installed, this malicious application starts utilizing the system resources due to which your computer becomes extremely slow. This dangerous Trojan infection can make your system completely useless in a short period of time.
The Manual Removal of Trojan-Dropper.Agent.ane
This malicious Trojan infection can be deleted manually,and also by using any automatic removal tool. The process of manual removal is only recommended for the advanced level users, and computer professionals due to its complexity. Following are the steps involved in the manual removal process:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
You cannot remove this virus unless your computer is not running in the safe mode. Restart the system, and press the F8 key repeatedly while the system restarts to access the options regarding booting. Once you can see the boot options list on your screen, you have to select the safe mode and press the Enter button to restart your computer in the safe mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
The next step of this process is the removal of the associated processes of this threat. Open the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together and select the Processes tab to see the list of running processes in the background of your system. You have to find as well as delete the following malicious processes that are associated with the Trojan-Dropper.Agent.ane from that list:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
Once you are able to get rid of the associated processes successfully, you have to delete the following associated files from the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The final step of this process is cleaning the windows registry. Open the start menu, select Run, and type regedit to access the registry editor. After accessing the registry editor, you have to delete the following corrupt entries of this Trojan infection, and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Dropper.Agent.Ane\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Dropper.Agent.Ane\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Dropper.Agent.Ane\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Dropper.Agent.Ane\DisplayName Trojan.Dropper.Agent.Ane
Restart your system in the normal mode, and run a complete system scan on your PC to remove any infections caused by this Trojan virus.